• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

the little ones that hold the U-joint in? Buy a spicer kit 2-70-18X, comes with two new straps and 4 new bolts. I'm sure some place around there stocks them, they can't be only a US item. They are like $5 a kit stateside.

Sure, but you'd have to go to a shop to get it. Then, you'd have to let the shop do the work so it's properly documented. Not nearly as easy to work on your own vehicles over there as it is here.

That would drive me insane!

I went to the pick and pull this morning and found a seat bracket and the top half of an air box. Swaped out the air box and installed the manual seat bracket on my new seats, drilled out the holes in the floor for larger bolts, swapped out the sway bar bushings on my DD and installed a winch on my brothers 4-wheeler for a late Christmas. *breath*

I wish the parts yard wasn't so damn far away.

Did you bench bleed the MC?

It makes a serious difference.

I have done this swap twice and haven't had to bench bleed yet but I did remove both of the MC's from the donors and kept them both full of fresh DOT3 with the lines plugged. I have firm peddle on both swaps. If you let the MC sit dry it will need bleeding

Took the truck to a local shop and they found one of the pads was cockeyed and not seated properly. With the pad seated properly, it stops much, much better.

Still a little sponge in the pedal but it's not as scary now.

I have done this swap twice and haven't had to bench bleed yet but I did remove both of the MC's from the donors and kept them both full of fresh DOT3 with the lines plugged. I have firm peddle on both swaps. If you let the MC sit dry it will need bleeding

Yeah, the pap I get them from pumps the brake system dry.

thats next for me.. though i dont rely on the brakes to hold me when backing up.. scary right? i put the aw4 in neutral back down . apply brakes then slap it in drive..
maybe its time for a new MC....

Sure, but you'd have to go to a shop to get it. Then, you'd have to let the shop do the work so it's properly documented. Not nearly as easy to work on your own vehicles over there as it is here.
or pay the "self install fee" :anon:

yeah but you get siesta's from 11 to 2pm.. and you get the best coffee and those awesome pizza's with peas and squid on them! Man i miss Italy!
oh and my mom is french.. so when she went asking for a Gateau at the bakeries there they looked at her strange.. Gateau in french is Cake.. but its a cat in Italian (not sure on spelling but pronounces GA-TOE)

Haha. That's awesome. Pronounced ga-toe in French, ga-tee in Italian (for cat). I know a enough French to be dangerous and my wife knows enough Spanish to be dangerous. We both mix random languages in and think it's Italian half the time.

We lived in Sicily for 2 years at the military base when i was a wee pea..
i learned to ride a dirt bike there and thought the streets were filthy.. and the police sirens were like a high pitch sound. thats all i remember..
And i remember the food being really good.. as well as the flea markets were really neat.

Started the truck this morning and drove about 30 seconds to the gas station only to find out the card reader was broke. I went to restart the truck and it didn't. It cranked over and everything but no start.

It only started after I held my foot to the floor. First time that's ever happened. I guess I have a leaky injector or something?

Sounds flooded to me. Pedal to the floor while starting shuts off fuel iirc...

check fuel pressure .. easy thing to find out.. if its under 30 lbs you know its fuel pump.

The truck started from cold easily. The pump is running and priming. I tried the trick where you prime the pump a few times then try to start which did nothing.

It started immediately after I held the pedal down, stopping the injectors.

ok.. i had an issue where it would start then stop and only stay running when pressing pedal all the way down. As soon as i'd release the gas. it would die.. it ended up being Fuel Pump.

If its your injectors.. more power to ya AZ boye!

Back