• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got my MORE steering box brace installed

1230111202.jpg

buffed out all the trail damage from the michigan run. meguiars ultimate compound is the easiest stuff i have ever used. all the benefits of polishing compound plus you can use a buffer and not worry about burning the paint. couple coats of wax and she's shiny as can be.:sunshine:

Well got 2 small pieces of tube bent today didnt make much progress
Spent most of the day at pull a part got
Spare front shafts
Driveshaft
Stock muffler
Seatbelt
For $50
Hopefully tomorrow get alot done on cage

buffed out all the trail damage from the michigan run. meguiars ultimate compound is the easiest stuff i have ever used. all the benefits of polishing compound plus you can use a buffer and not worry about burning the paint. couple coats of wax and she's shiny as can be.:sunshine:

told ya it was pretty good-- probably coulda saved a few minutes with the scratch-x:D

been on leave since the 19th. So far:

-JCR tail light housings mounted
-JY rear aux lights sanded, primed and bedlined
-Oil pressure sensor replaced
-Shop cut out rusty front mounts for leaf springs and welded in Poly
Performance spring brackets.
-Rear leaves in (rear lift matches front now!)

Go back to work on the 3rd. Gotta finish:

-Mounts for Rear Aux lights
-Replace Fuel Filter
-Cut and fold rear quarters
-finish sanding, priming, bedlining spare front seat brackets in prep
for floorboard repair
-Mount my 102" antenna to my rear bumper
-work on some rust prevention

Just tinkering...

Spring will be the SYE/D44/DC tom woods/gears/locker

Installed the IPF H4 conversion. Went from 55 watts to 185 watts. There's a slight difference in the visibility now.

Tieing in the wiring harness to the headlight controls.

Mounting the relays

Relays out of the way

H4's complete

I found out that it's illegal to change your own oil or transmission fluid here. I also found out it's illegal to ship transmission fluid through USPS, but it's legal (and I kid you not) live chickens.

Still no 4x4 until I can get transmission fluid. Ordered some from Amazon last week, so maybe I'll have 4x4 by February.

Do they not sell transmission fluid anywhere? I just can't fathom why they make it so difficult to do such simple things. I could NOT live there.

I've been to maybe 8 stores looking for transmission fluid. First off, automatics are extremely rare here. Second, it's illegal to change your own fluid.

I even stopped at the Jeep dealership and they don't have ATF III in stock. They called their supplier and couldn't get it delivered.

I just bought a 360 for my 88 MJ :D

Now just need an NV4500, an NP231, axles (probably 30/8.25 for now, maybe 44/14b in the future if I have issues with the stock axles), and a suitable 97+ donor for the interior, doors, and fenders/header panel.

Back