• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Good luck with the job, man.

I'll be doing TREs this weekend - any tips?

A good pickle fork and an even better hammer. The old ones can be stubborn to get out and usually require a little bit of "help." Other than that it's really simple....buddy of mine and I did all the TRE's on his 98 with 180K a couple of weeks ago and knocked it out in an hour...and that included resetting the alignment and a test drive.

well ****..... spent some time at rredalty's trying to diagnose the wag.... tried EVERYTHING and i mean everything, finally got it to light up while it was hooked to a scanner and sensor info went berserk..... bad pcm..... its got a hacked up harness too which may be part of the problem... gonna try swapping the pcm and finding a better mounting sulution for the tps and MAYBE it will work right

AWESOME! Im glad you two got it figured out. Don't give up, you'll get it whooped in no time. See you tomorrow night Bud!

Im the beverage bringer for Tyler... Today he got a low carb Monster drink.. haha

How can you work in such a hot shop.. We re gona need to put an a/c unit in there..
Anyone got one for Tyler's shop?

Mark

How can you work in such a hot shop.. We re gona need to put an a/c unit in there..
Anyone got one for Tyler's shop?

At least he's got a shop to work in...most of my work consists of an apartment complex parking lot with black asphalt that's been baking in 95* weather all day!

Good luck with the job, man.

I'll be doing TREs this weekend - any tips?

You can tap the arm the tre is in with a BFH and it will litterly fall out in some cases.

At least he's got a shop to work in...most of my work consists of an apartment complex parking lot with black asphalt that's been baking in 95* weather all day!

If you have a Saturday and want a shop to use bring some buds and come south for the day. Then when you are done we can hit up the Painted Paridise Farm. :viking:

Ahhh the infamous Rear Main Seal....
4:88's and what size tires?

Speaking of rear main's...mine's still leaking oil following a rear main seal/oil pan gasket replacement back in December. I've also changed the distributor gasket since then. I'm thinking it's coming from the oil pan gasket (got one of the 1 piece Permadry ones you aren't supposed to put any goop on). Thinking about putting another gasket on there and adding some RTV on the back of it to help keep it from leaking.

Now if I only had access to a lift!!!

Speaking of rear main's...mine's still leaking oil following a rear main seal/oil pan gasket replacement back in December. I've also changed the distributor gasket since then. I'm thinking it's coming from the oil pan gasket (got one of the 1 piece Permadry ones you aren't supposed to put any goop on). Thinking about putting another gasket on there and adding some RTV on the back of it to help keep it from leaking.

Now if I only had access to a lift!!!

You do have access to a lift. It's just 7 hours away is all. You can use my shop as I'd like to see this RMS job done by somebody more experienced.

You do have access to a lift. It's just 7 hours away is all. You can use my shop as I'd like to see this RMS job done by somebody more experienced.

Road trip? lol

RMS is actually a very straight forward change...just appears to be complicated. When I did it the RMS portion was very simple...it was trying to defy gravity to get the oil pan gasket back on that was the hard part!

zip ties..... zip tie the gasket to the pan, bolt it in positon lightly with about half the bolts then cut and remove the zip ties and finish the process

Yeah...wish I had thought of that a few months ago!! I'll definitely be doing this if/when I do it again!

Zip ties are right up there with WD-40, JB weld, and duct tape on the list of things one must ALWAYS have on hand.

zip ties..... zip tie the gasket to the pan, bolt it in positon lightly with about half the bolts then cut and remove the zip ties and finish the process

Wow.. that sounds familar!

mark

What about the idea of using a little RTV with a Permadry (rubber) gasket? Mainly on the back of the oil pan around the rear main. I believe that's where i'm leaking from now.

Well made a few steps forward and a few steps back with the jeep lately. Last weekend I put my old axle back in to get rid of the death wobble. That worked but it turned out the calipers were both junk so I replaced those this evening. Also fix a trans leak as well as an oil leak, changed the oil. Then wingnut noticed tonight that my new to me rear tire has grown one nasty huge tumor. Belt in the tire must have broken. Thanks to wingnut for loaning me his spare so I can drive my jeep to camp this week. Oh and my jeep keeps getting pretty hot and it has developed a nasty new ticking noise in the bottom end.

Back