• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Not really what I got done, but what I will be doing. I ordered an aussie for my jeep yesterday I figured this was as good a place as any to post up. I've been waiting to do this forever so I'm pretty excited.

Went up to Windrock with Doug and the General, watching Doug work a bone stock open/open, carbed YJ on 30" mall-terrains in a downpour and generally nasty mucky conditions was quite the sight. I have more mud in my MJ than on it.

General's V8 is pretty bad ass, it sounds awesome, cant wait to see it in action at The Crawl. It might be slightly more capable without my bald Kelly DTR on one corner.:rof: Thanks for the fuel:cheers:

Went up to Windrock with Doug and the General, watching Doug work a bone stock open/open, carbed YJ on 30" mall-terrains in a downpour and generally nasty mucky conditions was quite the sight.

haha "work it" is a pretty good way to describe it.... that little jeep is so much fun! the carter carb needs to be thrown in the river, and my clutch feet need some re-learning (last 5 speed rig i rocked had 5.13 gears, not 3.07's:eeks1:) but it took the punches and didnt make any new noises on the way home... save that the popping under hard articulation... but its all good! awesome time today and followed it with a long night at work

Well, Ed scared me with "Man what a job" http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1034125 , Since I had all of the carpet out besides the drivers, I decided to pull it too today. Jeeps been on Jack stands since the brake caliper locking up so I decided to prep the tub for Herc.
100_1055.jpg

I am glad to see that there are only holes along the bend up towards the fire wall. You can't see them but they are just below the foam.
100_1054.jpg

The pass side looked better than the drivers but has more pitting and surface corrosion.
100_1056.jpg

Now I just need to find someone in town to weld some patches, spray some Corrosion Preventive compound / Zinc chromate and lay down the liner. Beer thirty now.

Work, work, meet and greet, party for my buddy's 21st at his lake house, then back to work.

Pretty much sums up my weekend lol.

Gave away a dana 60 housing, ah I can breathe easier in my shop now with all that freed up space under the stairwell. I'll start pulling the transfer case and transmission in the morning when I get off.

Wired some switches and relays for rear fog(red) light, reverse spot lights, overhead spot lights, and seat heaters.

100_0296.jpg

:skull1:

Wired some switches and relays for rear fog(red) light, reverse spot lights, overhead spot lights, and seat heaters.

100_0296.jpg

:skull1:

Very nice! I like the choice of positioning.

I painted my fixed gear frame Friday, went to the M&G Sat., then started building the fixed gear today. Also did a little work on a friends bike so she can start riding again.

Friday: Went to pick up van, got a ticket, drove to Aiken, and saw the boys VBS presentation. Anyone ever heard of "failure to use due care?"
Saturday: Hung out at the Aiken house, went fishing in a couple different ponds with my son, rode the golf cart, got told I fished a pond I was not suppose to, put my 2lb bass back that was looking really good for dinner! Took the boys to see The A-Team.
Sunday: Hung out, took the boys for a ride around the Aiken property in the golf cart, took the rental car back to Columbia airport, went to Hooters with my nephew. Drove back to Hartsville. Mounted the tires on the rear xj, and torqued the rear u-bolts to 150 ftlbs. Went home checked the dogs, gave them fresh water, filled in the hole that the neighbors dog dug to get in the kennel with our dogs. :wow:

got the rezt of the crap i need from pullapart.... including a rim off a rodeo for my spare... if anyone is interested there are 4 or 5 rodeo 44 rears identical to mine there... granted they are six lug and narrow but im happy with mine as a rear end swap

Back