• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

thanks to wingnut, got the old tranny out of the waggy, and got the new one completely ready to go in! we got tired of messing with it in the heat, so we'll finish her up next weekend, unless i get tired of looking at it and finish her up during the week before work.
tomoro morning i'll meet up with watrousmark, midtennjeeperz, and a few other guys for a nice long motorcycle ride from murfreesboro to center hill dam, via the twisty backroads:D
it's gonna be a good day, tater.

36886_1218948773582_1824794664_419316_5399123_n.jpg

Started working on the floors at 7:30 and finished around 9pm putting in a new Dana 30 pinion seal in High2by's ride.

Floors are in, primed, seamed sealed and curing. Just need top coat of black paint and all the floor plugs installed to be done.

Thanks big time to High2by for coming over and helping me get this done.

Partied, drank lots of Guinness, partied again, and drank more Guinness. Now I am recovering.

Helped Ckale1 finish up his 2" BB on his Jeep Friday night (not before I broke his factory sway bar end link trying to take it off...woops!!!), worked most of the day Saturday and went to a cookout/party Saturday night, and drove to Winston today to spend Father's day with the folks....took care of all the grillin and leg work for the father's day dinner. Afterwards I washed up the Tundra and mom's Jeep then headed back to Charlotte. Just as I think i'm getting caught up on vehicle work, I discover items on mom's Jeep that need attention.

Finally finished this dash;

100_0343.jpg

Took my Dad out to break some golf clubs!

drove the heep all the way out to hatteras only to have it puke its guts up on the beach when it over heated i think i need a new thermostat

Spent a lot of Daddy Daughter time this weekend! and finished up my Father in laws Phillies theamed Cornhole Boards just in time for Fathers Day.

Pulled a Cluster out of a waggy and wasn't sure it would work for a 91 and up jeep so i left it at the jy.. then looked at Haynes and it seems it may have worked.
Tried to find a rear hatch cover .. seems as though everyone wants them at the JY too. ironicly the only 1 i found was for a waggy but the pins were ripped off.
So i ended up being Gambit's bitch for 3 hours while he showed me how to go through 6 sawza blades in 1 hours.. and how to sweat through your underwear in the hot sun.. And i got to glance at his sweaty white butt every time he got up. lol

mark

and what a good little helper/bitch you were, we'll get your lift on in two weeks.
I do appreciate the help.

well ****..... spent some time at rredalty's trying to diagnose the wag.... tried EVERYTHING and i mean everything, finally got it to light up while it was hooked to a scanner and sensor info went berserk..... bad pcm..... its got a hacked up harness too which may be part of the problem... gonna try swapping the pcm and finding a better mounting sulution for the tps and MAYBE it will work right

it'll quiet down after a couple hundred miles. i like the click of a locker- makes ppl think something is wrong, unless they're a jeep person, then they're like,
"sweet! that guy has a locker!"

Yep it can click all it wants it is still worth it. My neighbor drives a TJ on 33s and I drove through a twisty section of trail he had a lot of trouble and I stayed in 2wd. I think he had to pick up his jaw and carry it with him after that. :jester:

Worked from 8-12 this morning...ditched work early for a 2nd interview with a company outside Charlotte that lasted almost 2 hours (walk through with the VP and sit downs with the head Engineer and his clan). As i'm pulling out of the parking lot I get a phone call from mom saying her Jeep died at lunch...everything electrical was going crazy. When I was up there Sunday I pointed out her battery was in need of replacing (I could tell it sounded weak when cranking)...but I hoped to at least get through the next 2 months....got about 2 days out of it. So I went back to work to pick up a battery then drove an hour and a half to do a 5 minute battery swap. New Jeeps DO NOT like having a bad battery...the electrical system will go bonkers in a hurry!

So after almost 9 hours of driving and a couple hundred miles later, a lot was accomplished. Waiting to hear about this Job now.

Pulled in the driveway after work and I get a bunch of steam from under the hood. Pulled up and parked, popped the hood and the lower radiator hose decided to take a wizz into the radiator. It had a nice stream shooting into the e-fan. So a quick trip to the local parts house and I got a new hose, a new belt, the one I had was in dire need of replacing, and a couple gallons of anti freeze. Got back home put the new items on and replaced the missing fluid and fired her up. No more squeaking belt and no leaks. I'll recheck it tomorrow and make sure all is good.

Better this happened tonight than on the interstate heading to Harlan!!

Back