• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Turns Out that it was the oem stabilizer so I bought a new one. Got the joints in and greased. Still have play in the steering which could be ball joints. New ujoints are in my future though for sure.

think i got it licked ;) 24 lb injectors smoothed it out and i calibrated the tps had it running smooth and realized the idle screw was too high so i backed it off and it threw all my tps benchmarks out of whack... gonna re-set it up tomorrow and see what happens

Bolted the seats back into the 98 in prep for inspection, now all that's left is the windshield, pass airbag (reinstall), mech fan shroud, and e-fan. Oh, and a wonky electrical issue I have to chase down in the front signals/markers.

Yeah that's my bet (I'm an electrical engineer / wire nerd), I was just too lazy to mess with it in a parking lot last night.

The left turn indicator on the dash stays lit at all times, and the right marker flashes inversely when the right turn signal is on, which pretty much rules out anything except swapped signals or a bad ground.

I got all the TREs installed and greased. I can tell it's made a difference but now it's augmented some other front end issues. I'm fairly certain it needs new u-joints in the front end.

installed a poison spyder evap skid plate, changed the diff oil front and rear, checked to see if i had an LSD and i dont... open open, but one cool thing about my JK is that i can drain and fill the diffs without taking the cover off, pretty sweet, no rtv or gaskets required :D

checked the oil and coolant. good to go for the CRAWL, just need to get everything packed up by friday.

Changed tranny filter.

Relocated vacuum bomb to space below coolant tank.

:skull1:

Finally getting back to work on the Jeep. Went and purchased the steel for my rockers and cage. Got new ring and pinion for the front, new tube seals and new hardware kit for my locrite. It's amazing how easy it is the sheer those dowel pins in a locrite. I spent most of the weekend trying to hunt down my dail indicators for the gear setup... I never can find them when I need them.

Finally getting back to work on the Jeep. Went and purchased the steel for my rockers and cage. Got new ring and pinion for the front, new tube seals and new hardware kit for my locrite. It's amazing how easy it is the sheer those dowel pins in a locrite. I spent most of the weekend trying to hunt down my dail indicators for the gear setup... I never can find them when I need them.
Wow! Hey stranger.. where you been? You sould come to the Crawl next week.

Wow! Hey stranger.. where you been? You sould come to the Crawl next week.

Yeah, long time no see. I've been crazy busy with work. 7 days a week, 12 hours a day most days. I wish I could make it to the Crawl... I won't have the Jeep back together by then and I won't have anyone to keep the kids. I would love to! I've never been to Harlan. I hear it's a pretty fun place. Maybe I can make it to the Flog... I guess we'll see. I usually just stick to around here since I don't have anything to tow the Jeep with right now. I had to borrow that truck and trailer when I towed it to Uharrie with you guys. and I thought I was gunna blow the tranny out of it on that trip on all those hills. lol

Did you ever get rid of the 44/9 setup? Last I heard you wanted full width 1-tons... and I still want that 44...

Last edited:
Yeah, long time no see. I've been crazy busy with work. 7 days a week, 12 hours a day most days. I wish I could make it to the Crawl... I won't have the Jeep back together by then and I won't have anyone to keep the kids. I would love to! I've never been to Harlan. I hear it's a pretty fun place. Maybe I can make it to the Flog... I guess we'll see. I usually just stick to around here since I don't have anything to tow the Jeep with right now. I had to borrow that truck and trailer when I towed it to Uharrie with you guys. and I thought I was gunna blow the tranny out of it on that trip on all those hills. lol

Did you ever get rid of the 44/9 setup? Last I heard you wanted full width 1-tons... and I still want that 44...

Yea running the tons now. Sold the D44 and 9" to fund it. Cost a lot more then I thought. :sure:

ran with my CTS disconnected for about three months back when I bought it-- PO had it unhooked and I hadn't looked for it yet. The Renix seemed to start a little slower (longer crank times) and idle kinda rough, but the only downfall to running that way was the richer than expected mixture (sooty tailpipe) It seemed to have the same power and never had "stumbling" or "missing" problems, just crappy mileage-- 'cuz you know how good these things usually are on gas:doh:

Yea running the tons now. Sold the D44 and 9" to fund it. Cost a lot more then I thought. :sure:

Yeah, tell me about it! I thought I'd have about 3 grand in mine all together to get it where it is now. lol At least twice that... I wanna see it! PM me some pics or something.

I finally got the stuff for my cage but I won't be able to start building it until sometime in August. I been saving up to take the family to the beach, so it'll have to wait. I'm pretty sure I'm going to build my cage similar to the way Eric built his cage. http://ericsxj.com/cage/cage1.htm I like the simplicity of it. Tho, I'd like to have a few more bends in it than that. I'll tie it into my front bumper as well... he didn't do that. I gotta get the rockers installed first... lol

will the lack of a block coolant temp sensor cause my renix to run like ass consistently?
If it makes you feel any better, I got the new motor started only to watch oil and coolant leak. Not together but seperately.

Yeah, tell me about it! I thought I'd have about 3 grand in mine all together to get it where it is now. lol At least twice that... I wanna see it! PM me some pics or something.

I finally got the stuff for my cage but I won't be able to start building it until sometime in August. I been saving up to take the family to the beach, so it'll have to wait. I'm pretty sure I'm going to build my cage similar to the way Eric built his cage. http://ericsxj.com/cage/cage1.htm I like the simplicity of it. Tho, I'd like to have a few more bends in it than that. I'll tie it into my front bumper as well... he didn't do that. I gotta get the rockers installed first... lol

Build up.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=992395&page=11&highlight=d60+install

Testing on the local trail:
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1035677

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your search and hope you land a new one quick.
thanks Ed. i think i have a few little hustles that will help me get by until i find something else. today i made a few bucks helping to tear down a big wooden deck around an above ground pool.
i ended up not doing anything to the waggy today, because wingnut didn't feel so great this morning. maybe we can get her on the road sometime soon. i really just need someone to help me jack it up, and hold it in place while i thread in some bolts. i can do the rest myself. if anybody has any free time this week and wants to help get a sweet jeep moving again, i'd really appreciate any help at all. :violin: :rattle:

Back