• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Took the kids pond fishing Saturday(we caught 30 or so bass), did a 13 mile float on the James on Sunday (brutal day!) and caught zero fish(n)

Today I washed the Jeeps and rubbed in some fresh Icy Hot on the sore muscles every hour or so.

I'm too old for this!

Friday I got the Yakima mounts on my XK, Yakima doesn't make mounts for the XK rails so I adapted some that I had, they work good and the Hemi hauls a$$ even with a load on the top! I never even knew the canoe was up there at highway speed.

rack2.jpg

My rack mounts
P1020325.jpg

P1020330.jpg

Last edited:
I adjusted my track bar and got my axle centered and then recentered my steering wheel.

Ate some ribs and BBQ today. Mmmmm good!!

went to mobile, al for the weekend to visit some friends, finally got back about an hour and half ago... with pregnant wife and 2 year old its a 9.5 hr trip one way!!!!! mapquest says 6.75hr trip HA! try that on memorial day weekend with those two! hehe long drive to say the least, but we had fun and Alex got to go to the beach/ocean for the first time and he loved it.

Watched a bunch of A-Team episodes (Centric had an A-Team marathon going on an Sat and Sun), and recorded most of them I didn't get to watch.

Worked on the floor pan on Saturday until I needed some supplies. Wen to town to have dinner and stopped at O-Reilly's to get a few items I needed.

Sunday went to church and then got to fiddle with the floor some more, watched my little girl drive her Diego Jeep until the battery died, and then cooked up some hot dogs and sausages while watching Shrek part 1.

Monday worked on the floor some more and got it just about ready to drop in the new pans and begin welding. Feeling pretty good about the floor as I can sort of see the light at the end of the tunnel. Olivia rode her Jeep a bunch today. Grilled out burgers and hot dogs this afternoon and watched ET with the daughter.

I had a great weekend.

Went to Aiken. Hung out with lots of family. Last single cousin was married last month and his parents threw a party/ring exchange ceremony. Ate tones of BBQ, and drank beer. they killed two kegs and then went to the store and bought another $200 in beer. Celebrated the boys 12th birthday on Sunday. Rode in the mud with some cousins. I was on my atc they were on big 4x4 4 wheelers. Was a good time ridding and playing in the woods. All in all a great long weekend.

picked up an 8.25 29 spline axle geared 456s and then on monday i moved the shock mounts up and got the disk brakes on waiting for my rear locker to get here so I can finish this thing and get it under the XJ

My 88 MJ (6 cyl) was missing the bolt that holds the assy on from the rear (between the two fuel lines). I went to the yard and pulled a bolt from another assy from a 6cyl Grand Cherokee (year unknown).

When I went to put it in my MJ, it felt like the bolt was too big and I didn't want to force it in and run the risk of crossthreading the hole.

question: Are the bolt sizes between different years of 6cyl motors different?

My 88 MJ (6 cyl) was missing the bolt that holds the assy on from the rear (between the two fuel lines). I went to the yard and pulled a bolt from another assy from a 6cyl Grand Cherokee (year unknown).

When I went to put it in my MJ, it felt like the bolt was too big and I didn't want to force it in and run the risk of crossthreading the hole.

question: Are the bolt sizes between different years of 6cyl motors different?

What bolt. I don't understand where the assy is and what assy you are talking about. And yes the bolts between Grand Cherokee and Cherokee and MJ can be different between the different years.

gosh, don't you know anything?? It's THE assembly-- you know, the one with the bolt.....:confused1

Big-A: yeah, a little more info might help:bunny: (still don't know what this guy is for)

My Mj died again...
IMG_3798.jpg

Towed it home, it was doing the same thing that it did before i replaced the distributor, I think it may have jumped timing on the distributor cuz it sheared off a couple teeth.
IMG_3801.jpg

I couldn't get the camera to focus on the gear, I am going to try and mess with it in the morning. Me and my dad did get it started, but that was with the distributor clocked and it backfired some @2k.

well my junk still doesnt run i think the fuel rail is bad.... tried to get it to at least fire but its losing a LOT of fuel pressure out the regulator mounting flange, im thinking its not seeing enough psi to fire the injectors properly.. new fuel rail tomorrow hopefully, good news is it turned over without seizing up ;)

Doug, did you put the Brad Penn oil in it?

yeah i put big sticky note on the wheel that said FILL OIL STUPID.... i tend to get a little loopy working in the 90 degree sunlight

i hope i can get it running.... im working six days in a row this week i dont have time to mokey with it

Awesome! Glad you did! I would hate to see that brand new to you engine waste the cam at Harlan...

well my junk still doesnt run i think the fuel rail is bad.... tried to get it to at least fire but its losing a LOT of fuel pressure out the regulator mounting flange, im thinking its not seeing enough psi to fire the injectors properly.. new fuel rail tomorrow hopefully, good news is it turned over without seizing up ;)

You need fuel pressure gauge? its in the rubi.. in the box.. When you return my torq wrench and long extention you can use the Fuel Pressure Gauge.. LOL

mark:clap:

You need fuel pressure gauge? its in the rubi.. in the box.. When you return my torq wrench and long extention you can use the Fuel Pressure Gauge.. LOL

mark:clap:

you leave it unlocked? sweet now i dont have to hear all that stuff rollin around in the back seat...

I got my first leak, well at least I found it Wednesday night. Got under the jeep and grabbed the tie rod to help my fat ass under the front and the tie rod moved. Not all that odd but it moved straight forward and didn't roll like I was expecting it to. I tried to tighten the bolts but the clips were touching. So I upgraded my tie rod to a ZJ tie rod out of the junkyard. Odd that the original drag link is the same size as the ZJ tie rod. Thought it would have had the same cheaply made drag link. When I pulled the old tie rod off I found that if I messed with it enough it would jump a thread.
So now that I hijacked my own post, my steering pump/res is leaking. Any one have any favorite steering boxes out there they could suggest? Junkyard swaps or out of the box?

Back