• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Does that mean if I get my XJ to run at 'operating temp' then I can get 16mpg?

can't vouch for that-- I started @ 12 and dropped to 9:cry:

at some point, I'll actually regear and see where she ends up, but for now I'm still limping around town on 3.55's and 33's

...and the 30mph commute, stoplights every 50 yards, 0 compression engine (slight exaggeration), ZJ fan clutch, and the big wind foil commonly known as a rear hatch that offers up butt-tons more drag with 4 half doors....

glad I've got the 2dr, 4cyl for DD duties now

haha.

I get to do about 55 half the way to work.

Must be nice...I get to do 70mph for about 1 minute...then test the 70-0 response time of the Jeep...then back up to 70 for another minute, back to 0, up to 30 for a couple minutes more...then a quick throttle mash to get around the idiot riding the brakes with a mile long gap infront of him which brings me from 30, to 60, then back to 40ish.

After about 5 miles of this I get to my exit and it's a smooth 50 for about 2 miles.

Yup...but i've been lucky lately in that i've been working mainly weekends only, and having to open, which means I'm on the road at 7am on Saturday or 8:30am on Sunday....so little traffic means I can cruise on the highway for the majority of the trip.

However if I get this job I interviewed for this morning, i'll have about a 45 mile round trip commute all highway...with stop and go in some of the worst traffic Charlotte has to offer.

I can come pull you uot for gas $$$, but you'd probably get off cheaper buying another XJ to pull yourself out with.....
haha yea ill be all right its not really stuck that bad my dad just had the keys to the garage so i couldnt get any of my recovery stuff luckily its on my land

damn hes off strawberry thats literally like 10 feet from my property which is where i was stuck at but we got it out thank god

Probably, I posted my XJ for sale on craigslist today, done alot of thinking and talking lately with some guys on here and NC4x4, figure I will sell my jeep and start fresh, go straight for tons. Buy a beater xj that needs work, buy tons, accumulate parts. Either that or trade for a DD car or something else that interests me. Even if I trade it I will probably just use it for a while than trade or sell it.

thats not bad yea and i actually think that hes about to sell it too haha
we were gonna make a cheromanche out of it haha but his dad wants him to sell it,
and the funny thing is theres not a good thing about tht jeep its got the d35 a 4 banger and rough body

Back