• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I'm fine. I was driving my mom's sentra. I'm just pretty shaken up. I've never been in a car accident before. I keep thinking about how bad it could have been. What if I hit head on? What if a semi hit me? If I was in my jeep I probably would have rolled.

I can't thank God enough for keeping me safe. It could have been so much worse.

I'm fine. I was driving my mom's sentra. I'm just pretty shaken up. I've never been in a car accident before. I keep thinking about how bad it could have been. What if I hit head on? What if a semi hit me? If I was in my jeep I probably would have rolled.

I can't thank God enough for keeping me safe. It could have been so much worse.

Glad it wasn't any worse than it was and you made it through fine.

Wont be getting anything done on my project... All of my parts are pending delivery. Been waiting for them 2 weeks now... Im pretty aggravated b/c I have basically been standing around with nothing to do for a few days now, and I am leaving for Vegas on Tuesday night, which basically means I won't get to do any more work on it until I get back.

We all know that I really don't like sitting around the house with nothing to do, so I came down to atlanta to help out Tim. Resurfacing Living room floors and working on the XJ.

If yall get bored come on up here and help me install this gas tank skid, its being a pita!

Replaced the sway bar bushings on the Jeep yesterday...solved one clunking problem. Also went to two birthday shindigs last night.

Woke up at 6am to go take care of my friend's dogs while he's out of town for the weekend. Worked 730-230 at work, then helped a friend change out one of the rear o2 sensors on his Pathfinder. Finished up the day by going over to the speedway and doing some machining and sand blasting work on our senior design project (one of my team members works in one of the shops at the speedway), then back to take care of the dogs for the night.

Filled up yesterday night and already killed half a tank and racked up 150 miles.

Checked the tow today and found it to be an inch in... guess that will wear a tire....
so while I was at it I wrapped up a couple of other small things that needed to be done.

Rotated tires
Replaced the exhaust doughnut between the collector and the down pipe.
Swapped out my the rear stock axle shafts for the alloy USA shafts.
Which fixed the rear oil leak
Replaced the front yoke
Replaced the small 10mm UCA bolts with larger 5/16ths Grade 8 bolts
Tweaked the Caster slightly, it wasn't as far off as I had thought.

still need to find where the squeak in the engine is at, I am thinking it's the AC pump.

Well my weekend is only sunday but I got alot done .
1.Helped my friend get his v8 yj running
2.replaced my solenoid cover
3.Put my 24 bolt bead locks and 34 LTB's on
4. installed my RR steering

Removed the windshield and pushed out the roof! :confused1 I think it'll be good enough to get another windshield in. It's a shame they don't make a polyshield for the XJ's! :cry:

Chucky_front_winshield.jpg Chucky_side_winshield.jpg

Last edited:
Been at home after screwing up my knee on the trail. Got some work lined up for awhile, and been busy getting things ready for our annual fishing trip to Lake Phelps.

Drove to Blacksburg VA(VA TECH) Saturday to fix my oldest son's 00' XJ, it wouldn't start. While I had my XJ hooked to his letting it charge up the OPTIMA my exhaust got so hot the carpet caught on fire in my 90 XJ. Luckily I had some water to throw on the carpet to cool it off before my beloved RENIX was toast!

Got my son's XJ running, turned out to be a corroded connection at the IAC.

Went wheelin' today, I needed to recharge myself! We had a blast! No damage to report other than the 2 XJ's in the group, mine and another, both busted our drivers side mirrors on the same dang tree!

That tree will have 14 years of bad luck:D

i had a busy day. was hoping to get more done. but i did go and get all the drive train parts that i'm gonna need for project resurrection. i was hoping to make it to clarksville today too. i still need to get a bunch of parts from there for my interior and wiring. since i got the buggy home today. already swapped out the 2 wheel drive axle for the dana 30. will b busy all week long on it. if i'm not at work i'll b working on my jeep.

Left work on Fri @ 2pm and drove out to Hiram, GA to pick up my new to me 23' Gooseneck triple axle hauler what an adventure! Called a buddy to meet me @ the Woodstock Home Depot to see if we could fix the lights or the lack there of on the left side before it got dark. I'll get some pics up of it soon, its own project for sure. Spent Sat fighting with the truck converting it over to HIDs all the way around so much nicer to be able to see while driving @ night. Spent Sun. doing research on trailer parts and jeep parts :)

had a nutty weekend with a ton of rain and my inlaws staying with me.
didn't get to do anything to my jeeps:( it looks like prolly tuesday or thursday i'm gonna do something to one of them. i've been starting my fsj up and letting the engine run periodically, and the stock oil pressure guage says i only have 10 psi at cold idle. not cool. i also have a little tick coming from under the hood that could be an exhaust leak, but i wouldn't be surprised if it were a pissed off lifter.

as for the xj, i'll be replacing all of the injectors, the IAC, and the throttle position sensor whenever i get the chance. i think the newish injectors will solve my rich burning problem.... i hope so anyway. i've decided that if i can get it running right, i'll just keep it and the fsj. i'll be turning the xj into the trail rig/DD, and the fsj will be the long distance rig, and the DD if the xj gets outta hand:D

Got the MSD cables in and installed, and found and fixed a vac leak. Running real good and took a long ride through the North Georgia Mountains. Found some dirt and gravel roads and a couple stream crossings.

Got the ham radio installed on Sunday -

7800-1.jpg

7800-2.jpg

What's your callsign?

Got a call this morning from a company I sent my Resume into last week...have a meeting with the management this Thursday at 9am. Spent the day running around like crazy trying to get the pile of school work I have due before next Monday done....feel like I got absolutely nothing accomplished (actually had MORE work assigned).

Cut my front door hinges today, and replace those blasted torx bolts.

CRW_8392.jpg

Last edited:
Back