• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

went looking around Knox for a jeep for the wife.. all i gotta say.. some people are on crack!
saw a 2wd 95 on 4" lift .. they wanted $6999.. something is wrong with that guy!
i would have given him $1000 tops ..

Mark

Ed - It was actually the day after my birthday, but I still looked at it as some type of birthday present lol.

Glenn - This was at their demo site in Asheville. Customers can go up there and learn/practice how to use the equipment they're either about to buy, or just bought. Several of the people that were there that day actually spend most of their time going to the customers' work site and teaching them how to use the equipment at their site.

Andy - It was a BLAST! If I ever hit the lottery i'm definitely buying one!!!

Spent today with dad at VIR watching the Grand Am Rolex race....and i've got the sunburn to prove it! It's a race we go to every year...just glad the rain held off until we got home!

Now to drive back to Charlotte in this crap....

Last edited:
Ed - It was actually the day after my birthday, but I still looked at it as some type of birthday present lol.

Glenn - This was at their demo site in Asheville. Customers can go up there and learn/practice how to use the equipment they're either about to buy, or just bought. Several of the people that were there that day actually spend most of their time going to the customers' work site and teaching them how to use the equipment at their site.

Andy - It was a BLAST! If I ever hit the lottery i'm definitely buying one!!!

Spent today with dad at VIR watching the Grand Am Rolex race....and i've got the sunburn to prove it! It's a race we go to every year...just glad the rain held off until we got home!

Now to drive back to Charlotte in this crap....

looks like an awesome field trip, but I'll bet you'd rather watch the front end loader and drive the Grand Am cars!!

Nothing...whew...

Worked 28 hours between yesterday and today...slowly inchin' towards havin enough coin to start buyin parts:sunshine:

on a side note I noticed that my brakes squeel like a pig everytime I stop now...so I guess when I finally get a day off I will be workin on that...back to work tomorrow

friday night was Thomas the Train at the RR museum
saturday invovled getting my rotors turned on the JK because of bad vibes while braking, turned out great... getting alex a heair cut which was an adventure in itself and we cut alot off too, looks totally different hehe but a good way.worked a bunch,

sunday(today) played with the boy all morning so mommy could take a nap, (she was up alot last night with the power out and alex waking up and the cat driving us insane) then i drove out to hixson to get some parts, stopped by my dads shop for a bit, then came home and washed the van and the jeep with alex, got soaked in the process and vacuumed out the van really good but didnt have enough time to do the jeep. then grilled some awesome hamburgers and played with alex some more, did a bunch of chores,

pretty tired right now and i have to do some more work first before i can pass out.... yay.

Saturday I got up at 7 and worked on the wife's garden a bit by grading the soil away from the house, then laying in the plastic. After that wingnut and jeepaddict swung by for a quick drive to pick up a 258 that wingnut let me know about off of CL. Cleaned up the garage and hung 2 2 bulb florescent light fixtures.

Today got up at 6 to go work at church. Today was our last day in our building due to the new convention center. Spent the rest of the day moving all of our stuff out of the church to storage. Scored some new shelving for my garage and a nice cart to put axles and engines on.

Friday night converted the 88 XJ from a disco axle to a solid one. swaped over the unit bearings and brakes too.
Saturday/night got a bad ass new grill and did 10lbs of ribs and 4lbs of chicken. burnt the ribs but they were still wicked good.
Sunday finished up the full width swap on the 99 XJ.
ONE HELL OF A WEEKEND

Worked 9-330, tackled some homework, went out for some pizza and wings with Jamescad04, Joshooha, their GF's, and one other friend of ours...then came back and tackled some more homework.

sunday(today) played with the boy all morning so mommy could take a nap, (she was up alot last night with the power out and alex waking up and the cat driving us insane) then i drove out to hixson to get some parts, stopped by my dads shop for a bit, then came home and washed the van and the jeep with alex, got soaked in the process and vacuumed out the van really good but didnt have enough time to do the jeep. then grilled some awesome hamburgers and played with alex some more, did a bunch of chores,

pretty tired right now and i have to do some more work first before i can pass out.... yay.

That sounds like a pretty ideal day, productive and kid time...:sunshine:

replaced the exhaust manifold in the 90 and started the front end build

worked a BUNCH on the tj auto tranny swap

and fixed my drivers window in the dd... had a busy weekend in the garage.

not much. started the FSJ and sit there listening to van halen while i let it run, got told by my wife how big of a redneck i was for revving the engine.
got all my tools and the sirius radio out of my xj, and possibly made a deal with a fellow NAXJA guy to let him take it tommorrow.
Dozer11b, it was great meeting you and your buddies! that dodge is one SICK truck!
i hope you liked my xj!

Cleaned my buddy's garage up.He wont throw anything away and it builds up to the point you cant pull a car in in about 3 months(Its 1200 square foot).Got a hitch built to pull a small trailer with.Need to find a old free Comanche bed and built me a little lawnmower trailer.

9am Saturday started replacing the struts and wheel bearing on father in law's Buick, Everything that could go wrong did. Spring compressors did work, Bearing rusted to the axle shaft and had to press it off. Lost a wheel bearing bolt and spent 45 min looking for it.

Took a break to watch the Penn State Blue/White game.
Finished up the Buick around 430, Started working on swapping on tube doors for the XJ. Twisted the cheap arse T40 torx from Auto Zone.
Stopped for the night and cooked burgers on the grill.

Sunday - As always I get my daughter all to myself while the wife is at work, she helped finish up one tube door before she got to wrestles and wanted me to read books to her. Spent the rest of the day entertaining my girl and doing a little work on a 2Din Dash bezel for a fellow NAXJA member.

Hopefully I can finish up the door swap tonight...

I hear it's possible for a rad shop to patch up pinholes in rads - is this true? If so, I'm going to pull it and get it patched.

Also, are there any stock trans coolers from vehicles other than Jeeps that will just bolt right into place with no work? I figure while the rad is out I might as well upgrade the trans cooler.

I hear it's possible for a rad shop to patch up pinholes in rads - is this true? If so, I'm going to pull it and get it patched.

Also, are there any stock trans coolers from vehicles other than Jeeps that will just bolt right into place with no work? I figure while the rad is out I might as well upgrade the trans cooler.
jb weld. i've done it a dozen times, and forget about it. i've also soldered the holes up if they were in the fins of a brass radiator(cj5) i wouldn't pay someone to do something that you need to learn to do yourself. worst thing that can happen is it will still leak, and you might have to do it again. just make sure the surfaces are clean, and scuff a bit if you're using jbweld.
as for the tranny cooler, just grab one out of any truck you see at pullapart. they're cheap, like $20 new, and you can get universal ones. good luck!

Back