• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got my bucket going again today, In addition to repairing some damage I caused (spring perches, dshaft, 231 rear shaft & tail cone) I lowered it 2.5", reworked the rear brake line, installed 297 shafts with new 760x joints, reinstalled steering stabilizer, adjusted trackbar, ghetto aligned it, and cleaned up some wiring and CAD vacuum lines.

Softer rear springs made a ton of difference in flex and ride, lowering it improved the steering angles and eliminated the DW, caster is back around 5*.
DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

Got my bucket going again today, In addition to repairing some damage I caused (spring perches, dshaft, 231 rear shaft & tail cone) I lowered it 2.5", reworked the rear brake line, installed 297 shafts with new 760x joints, reinstalled steering stabilizer, adjusted trackbar, ghetto aligned it, and cleaned up some wiring and CAD vacuum lines.

Softer rear springs made a ton of difference in flex and ride, lowering it improved the steering angles and eliminated the DW, caster is back around 5*.

That's some good looking flex....:yelclap:

After lowering my MJ and with the additional flex, I needed to trim up the rear arches.
MJ's don't need the structural integrity of an XJ so it seemed slightly easier, but not as easy as the front, there were a few extra layers to trim out and now the bedsides are a little floppy but I will remedy that tomorrow.

FYI wash the truck first...
DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

took out the pinion on my 44 to put on a new 1350 yoke...found a few shims that need replacing. im buying a gauge tonight so i can measure and see what i need to put back in.

welder quit working on me last weekend, so today i dropped it off at a welding store that repairs lincolns...hopefully i get it back soon.

picked up the head for the stroker today, machine shop did a great job getting it cleaned up... if you ever need machinework done in knoxville Roy at Custom crankshaft and machine is a super cool guy to deal with i recommend him, i had the new head magnafluxed, cleaned, milled, three angle valve job, and rebuilt with new seals all for 175. went and found a set of pushrods for it too and got everything collected together at the house..... my dining room definently tells you that a jeep guy lives here ;)
p_00079.jpg

Doug, Does your grocery list look something like this?

Milk
Eggs
Coolant
The little crackers with peanut butter in the middle
Apples
Twinkies
Bread
242/300 doubler
Lavender bubble bath
TP
Dog food
Hamburger
Gear lube
etc...

Weekend is just starting, but I probably won't get much else done. Degreased the engine, replaced the OEM coolant bottle, flushed the coolant system, refilled coolant, burped engine (Good Jeep.), cleaned up battery terminals. Tomorrow I plan to replace tired old wire loom that came apart in my hands today.

Hopefully my coolant problems are over.

got off work, bolted the homemade shock cross beam to the frame and also to the floor of the jeep. 4 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts of beef. i <3 my full widths and the awsomness they bring to my jeep.

will be doing the rear brakes on the 88 and i think axle seals on the front to accept my single longside axles in her too

Wont be getting anything done on my project... All of my parts are pending delivery. Been waiting for them 2 weeks now... Im pretty aggravated b/c I have basically been standing around with nothing to do for a few days now, and I am leaving for Vegas on Tuesday night, which basically means I won't get to do any more work on it until I get back.

We all know that I really don't like sitting around the house with nothing to do, so I came down to atlanta to help out Tim. Resurfacing Living room floors and working on the XJ.

So far my AC is still running cold. Changed the evaporator and heater core, and it was still blowing warm.

Took out one shim on the clutch and waa laa it is now cold.

I think for the first time in about 3 months I won't work on the Jeep this weekend.

well... i hydroplaned into a concrete barrier on interstate 24 heading to work this morning. that was a fun ride.

Back