• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I got a few things "done" today, twisted the rear 44, ate the Rear Dshaft and both joints, sheared 231 tail housing off, and both front 260 joints sound like they have a baseball card in the spokes.

All while running warm/hot most of the day, It should make next week interesting.:looser:

Found some nice death wobble too..

Doug, Thanks for the ride home!

Saturday: started at 6am headed to Atlanta. Mark (High2by) was copilot as he had bought some parts for his MJ. We got a chance to meet Bo Kennedy (shelbyluvv) in Acworth and check out his totally badazz '89 Comanche with '97 XJ everything. Very nice MJ. Very cool guy, but we're losing him to the So-Cal crew in a few months. It was great to meet ya and your family!

Got some parts and headed further south to meet with Mike who had a AX15 2wd trans. Got the trans and checked out Mikes ride. Another nice XJ for sure.

We then programmed the GPS to head on to Tim (The Hard Struggler) and Rebecca's crib in Doraville. About the time we started that way, Tim called and asked if we had eaten. Of course we hadn't so Tim said he'd hook us up. We arrived 30 minutes later to find chicken and ribs on the grill. We checked out some of Tim's new RCV "bling" for his D44, loaded up 2 sets of tires for MelkorsXJ (PM me about your haul bill, Dan). MaxCFM and Team Willys were also there so we all went inside and watched a couple Top Truck Challenge videos while looking over the Harlan maps for the Crawl. We ate a great meal and sat down to play a little "Texas Hold 'em" poker and found out I wasn't any good real quick. Also found out Rebecca and I like some good music. Po-po-po-poker face!

We then left out with a Dakota full of parts and tires for Team Willys place. Had a fun chat on the ride to Chattanooga. Unloaded the tires and had to check out the new "Bombshell Betty" super rig under construction at RSOR. I told Tyler he better have that rig ready to rock at Harlan. Also checked out Brent's XJ. Very cool rig.

Then drove home. Mark was whipped and sleeping most of the way. Driving at night sucks. We pulled in and unloaded the remaining parts. I got in bed about 2 am Sunday morning. Mark still had another 45 minutes to his place. Whew, what a long (but incredibly fun) day.

Sunday: Met after church with midtnjeeperz, Spencer, Garth and another friend (sorry I can't remember your name) to pick up 3 XJ's from my storage area that they bought from KGP416. Got those loaded this afternoon and to their new home. Wasn't to bad.

Napped a little. Going to turn in soon. I'm beat.

Last edited:
Saturday: started at 6am headed to Atlanta. Mark (High2by) was copilot as he had bought some parts for his MJ. We got a chance to meet Bo Kennedy (shelbyluvv) in Acworth and check out his totally badazz '89 Comanche with '97 XJ everything. Very nice MJ. Very cool guy, but we're losing him to the So-Cal crew in a few months. It was great to meet ya and your family!

Got some parts and headed further south to meet with Mike who had a AX15 2wd trans. Got the trans and checked out Mikes ride. Another nice XJ for sure.

We then programmed the GPS to head on to Tim (The Hard Struggler) and Rebecca's crib in Doraville. About the time we started that way, Tim called and asked if we had eaten. Of course we hadn't so Tim said he'd hook us up. We arrived 30 minutes later to find chicken and ribs on the grill. We checked out some of Tim's new RCV "bling" for his D44, loaded up 2 sets of tires for MelkorsXJ (PM me about your haul bill, Dan). MaxCFM and Team Willys were also there so we all went inside and watched a couple Top Truck Challenge videos while looking over the Harlan maps for the Crawl. We ate a great meal and sat down to play a little "Texas Hold 'em" poker and found out I wasn't any good real quick. Also found out Rebecca and I like some good music. Po-po-po-poker face!

We then left out with a Dakota full of parts and tires for Team Willys place. Had a fun chat on the ride to Chattanooga. Unloaded the tires and had to check out the new "Bombshell Betty" super rig under construction at RSOR. I told Tyler he better have that rig ready to rock at Harlan. Also checked out Brent's XJ. Very cool rig.

Then drove home. Mark was whipped and sleeping most of the way. Driving at night sucks. We pulled in and unloaded the remaining parts. I got in bed about 2 am Sunday morning. Mark still had another 45 minutes to his place. Whew, what a long (but incredibly fun) day.

Sunday: Met after church with midtnjeeperz, Spencer, Garth and another friend (sorry I can't remember your name) to pick up 3 XJ's from my storage area that they bought from KGP416. Got those loaded this afternoon and to their new home. Wasn't to bad.

Napped a little. Going to turn in soon. I'm beat.

Sounds like a productive weekend! Ever get a chance to dig into the Olds after we talked the other night?

I spend 10 hours at work today...worked on a Ford 6.0L Diesel (alternator change)....not really impressed with that motor. Managed to zap myself in the process (dropped my breaker bar I was using to take a stab at the belt tensioner and caught it just in time for it to cross terminals on the battery...woops!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I stripped wallpaper in 3 bathrooms....and meant to clean out the garage...maybe next weekend!

found some mildly entertaining trails up here in Boone and had a little fun; as much as i felt comfortable doing in a stock XJ. got plans to go to some better trails tomorrow, hope i don't get in over my head lol.

found some mildly entertaining trails up here in Boone and had a little fun; as much as i felt comfortable doing in a stock XJ. got plans to go to some better trails tomorrow, hope i don't get in over my head lol.

What trails did you find? I'm up that way several times a year and always up for exploring the sights off the beaten path...provided it's legal of course.

Best place near Boone is Callantee. But take a good map or gps and someone that has been there before.

Blue 97, I'm in Boone too and always looking to go ride somewhere. I don't know that many places up here, but shoot me a message if you want someone else to ride with you

Started training on the Volvo Wheel Loader Simulator at school yesterday for an investigation i'm participating in...did my 2nd session today and my 3rd is tomorrow. Friday we go out and do the real thing in Asheville....definitely pumped about that!

On the flip side I got assigned an impossible amount of projects and reports for one class today...all due in less than one week. Tomorrow will be interesting as we as a class of 60 basically raise hell at the professor. It's unbelievable the amount of work they dumped on us today only because they screwed up and forgot that ABET requirements said it had to be done. (yeah yeah I know get used to it, but this is completely different...in the real world, there's atleast a marginal amount of order in the way things are done....in the case of this class and lab, there's more logic and order in a Chinese fire drill.)

went and got the SEC carnage award to begin prepping it for this years crawl.... nobody get any funny ideas, as you can see its under gaurd while it is in knoxville
DSCF0347.jpg

went and got the SEC carnage award to begin prepping it for this years crawl.... nobody get any funny ideas, as you can see its under gaurd while it is in knoxville
DSCF0347.jpg

Thanks for picking it up for us!

Put my 3 days of training on a Volvo simulator to the test this morning in Asheville:

Waiting for them to finish re-filling the pile:

25842_691575754847_36618587_38972453_6304796_n.jpg

Not me driving in this shot, but it shows what we had to do:

25332_691688793317_36618587_38974614_8310167_n.jpg

Basically, fully load the dump truck in under 3:30. It was extremely fun to play with a $250,000 piece of heavy machinery that didn't belong to me...probably one of the coolest things i've ever done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put my 3 days of training on a Volvo simulator to the test this morning in Asheville:

Basically, fully load the dump truck in under 3:30. It was extremely fun to play with a $250,000 piece of heavy machinery that didn't belong to me...probably one of the coolest things i've ever done.

That would be so much fun to do. Glad to enjoyed it on your B-day!

A friend sells that stuff. Was this with the dealer or a school or company?

It was extremely fun to play with a $250,000 piece of heavy machinery that didn't belong to me...probably one of the coolest things i've ever done.

I bet that was fun. Looks like a blast!:viking:

I didn't get much done on the Jeep this weekend, we had opening day for the little league I coach for today. I did take the trail rig out on a highway drive yesterday to break in the new gears. Went 60 miles at 55 mph on the highway and then brought it home, let the diffs cool then drained them. My gear installs are fine, no noises either on accel or decel.

Back