• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Worked 10 hours Saturday, store meeting at work 7:30 yesterday morning...then spend the rest of the morning working on 49erRider's Jeep getting it running better, and then back to work at 2:30 yesterday for my shift.

Now begins 12 hours of classes/homework.

i got the 1.25in spacers on my old blue cleaned up my garage a little bit hung a crank with pistons up in said garage (looks nifty) and found out my sorta uncle is involve with a double murder case. and not in a good way.

I spent the weekend in Gatlinburg/PF with my wife enjoying our 20th anniversary and a weekend away from the kids. I saw a few lifted XJ's down there but none were sitting still so I didn't get to talk to any of the owners. I did some off-roading though. We rented ATV's at Bluff Mountain and rode to the top and had a blast.

We got plenty muddy!

met a soon to be fellow knoxville jeeper today and helped him get moved in.... been talkin to Georgia Crawlers on here and was planning on meeting him today to talk jeep, but as i was pulling into my apartment complex i saw a nice yellow jeep rubicon with "georgia crawlers" across the windshield and a trailer of housewares in tow.... i went and talked to him and it turns out Mark aka Georgia Crawlers is my neighbor ;) got him and his wife all moved in and went out and enjoyed a nice steak dinner.... thanks for the dinner guys ill help you move anytime!

After putting a thermostat in about 2 weeks ago, started having small overheating issues on initial warm up. Got around today to replacing the thermostat again, to discover that the one I put in last week was the wrong one (correct box, incorrect thermostat). Amazing what that can do to your cooling system. Got the correct one in and it's back to normal as far as temperature consistency goes.

Noticed though that my BRAND NEW (less than 1 week old) radiator is leaking ATF from a cap that we thought was sealed off (was a spot above the lower rad hose and below the transmission line that nothing goes to...we thought that maybe it was sealed off...guess we were wrong). Looks like Radiator #3 is in the very near future :banghead:

Dug into the radiator more yesterday at the body shop...leak was coming from the brass fittings (both of them) and going everywhere. Tightened all of them up and all appears to be well...still keeping an eye on it though. Changed the oil and filled up the gas tank just incase we do get slammed with snow and ice like they're saying.

Dug into the radiator more yesterday at the body shop...leak was coming from the brass fittings (both of them) and going everywhere. Tightened all of them up and all appears to be well...still keeping an eye on it though. Changed the oil and filled up the gas tank just incase we do get slammed with snow and ice like they're saying.

I was just thinking about filling up as well. We got all the parts in finally to rebuild the Maxima that has been taking up garage space for the last couple of weeks. We hope to have the motor reassembled by the end of the weekend.

I was just thinking about filling up as well. We got all the parts in finally to rebuild the Maxima that has been taking up garage space for the last couple of weeks. We hope to have the motor reassembled by the end of the weekend.

Yeah figured it would be best. I have to be at work at 8:30 tomorrow morning and then again at 9:00 Sunday morning. And i'm willing to bet if we get any calls for deliveries tomorrow, they're gonna ask me to run them in my Jeep seeing as how our Danger Ranger (haha) is in the shop getting a new bumper put on and our other truck is a base model Colorado. We do have this funky lookin Kia thing for a rental for the next couple of weeks though.

Yeah figured it would be best. I have to be at work at 8:30 tomorrow morning and then again at 9:00 Sunday morning. And i'm willing to bet if we get any calls for deliveries tomorrow, they're gonna ask me to run them in my Jeep seeing as how our Danger Ranger (haha) is in the shop getting a new bumper put on and our other truck is a base model Colorado. We do have this funky lookin Kia thing for a rental for the next couple of weeks though.

Oh man take the KIA. Who cares if it takes a curb or two :angel:.

"new warn" should be an air freshener fragrance.... my house smells like it right now ;)
p_00035.jpg

Nice Doug...real nice!

Back