• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

i installed my new front driveshaft, which although it's in better shape than what i had, it actually vibrates worse than the other one, so i'm gonna go to dave's driveshafts in nashville and get it balanced, i guess. played in the snow, and got my go kart kinda goin.tuesday or thursday, i'll prolly get my throttle cable workin. it's been a real pain, because it was originally attached directly to the governor for the old motor, and now i hafta find a way to use it to control the carburator directly, which means building a bracket and finding a place to bolt it. either way, i ghetto rigged it for a little while, and i know that this motor is quite fast:D

Oh man take the KIA. Who cares if it takes a curb or two :angel:.

Haha I was going to but when I got to work yesterday the danger ranger was back from the shop and all spiffed up. Plus, we weren't allowed to run deliveries yesterday because of the roads. Today however, I got the OK to do so and I discovered very quickly that it has ABS....got plenty of use today! lol.

slept through a hangover on Saturday, there's nothing 13 hours of sleep cant fix :)

Ahhhh college. Been there, done that. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Now my focus is on graduating in May and getting on with my life!

Spent pretty much all weekend at work due to the weather and me owning a Jeep. Funny how when the weather gets bad, everybody starts suckin up to Jeep owners....hmmmmmm.

But I did get to pull my boss out of the ditch at work...he won't be letting that one down for quite some time :D

Hey i ll trade you that warn for my dead superwinch! you know you want it!
looks great with the cable wrapped around my bumper!

Hey i ll trade you that warn for my dead superwinch! you know you want it!
looks great with the cable wrapped around my bumper!
you have a dead superwinch, too! lp8500? wanna make a road trip to connecticut and break some legs? i do:D i'm gonna call them tomorrow and raise some hell.... it's been less than a year, and i've had to perform warranty repairs myself 3 times, and now it isn't working again. i'm gonna tell them i either want my money back, or another winch that isn't an lp8500. they should change the name to suckerwinch.:eyes:

you have a dead superwinch, too! lp8500? wanna make a road trip to connecticut and break some legs? i do:D i'm gonna call them tomorrow and raise some hell.... it's been less than a year, and i've had to perform warranty repairs myself 3 times, and now it isn't working again. i'm gonna tell them i either want my money back, or another winch that isn't an lp8500. they should change the name to suckerwinch.:eyes:

used it 5 times if that
im taking it apart this week... see how bad the engine brushes look

Mark

tell them you want your money back or you want them to send you a WARN!

Got alt moved up to where a/c used to be and installed the 160A unit. Finished routing wiring for what was eliminated now have to hard wire it to new relay holders and fuse blocks. Picked up some #2 welding cable to start making the cables for my battery setup. Next gotta order some battery connectors and look at how I'm going to relocate the radiator and route the plumbing up to the front.

Started putting my D300 in:
0203000757.jpg

Motor Flush, Castrol GTX oil, new oil filter, rotate tires, tighten belt.. preparing road trip from Newnan GA to Knox TN!

mark

Yes sir.. this iS NAXJA.. not NATJA :shocked:

mark

Motor work so far this week: head, oil pan, timing cover and everything under those. Taped off and cleaned up, painted it black yesterday and am starting on the prep and paint for all of the silver accessories. Great way to spend a vacation. I'm loving it.

-somehow hurt my back (i blame shoveling the driveway), had to go to my chiropractor and get 'straightened out'.
-made up a list of items ill be buying with my tax return.
-also joined a new gym in hermitage, and will be working with a trainer to whip me into shape. ive got 8% body fat and my goal is to gain 15-20 lbs of muscle, and cut down to 4-5% body fat.

Motor work so far this week: head, oil pan, timing cover and everything under those. Taped off and cleaned up, painted it black yesterday and am starting on the prep and paint for all of the silver accessories. Great way to spend a vacation. I'm loving it.

What motor are you building?

Back