• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

somebody make it stop raining! it seems like everytime a have a crapload of stuff that i need to be doing outside, it rains. i think i'm about to go take a basball bat with me to that guys shop that has my wagoneer. i'm ready to have it towed somewhere else and just pay a little extra to get it done.

Went to start the XJ last night only to hear my starter spinning. I lost the top mounting bolt? :doh: Replaced that today.

Class this morning and the rest of today driving all over the state. Up to Greensboro for a dentist appointment, up to Stokesdale to see my Dad, down to Winston to see my Mom and Step Dad, then back to Charlotte. 200 miles later and i'm back where I started this morning.

i think i'm about to go take a baseball bat with me to that guys shop that has my wagoneer. i'm ready to have it towed somewhere else and just pay a little extra to get it done.

Some how "I told you so" just doesn't quite cut it... :D

i think i'm about to go take a basball bat with me to that guys shop that has my wagoneer. i'm ready to have it towed somewhere else and just pay a little extra to get it done.

i had a similar experience with a shop that used to be up here, i just showed up unannounced with a trailer and dragged my junk over to a buddys place who had it finished in three days ;)

he's actually about halfway done with it, and i saw the other waggy he built the motor in, and it looks and sounds great. it turns out that he almost died of pneumonia, and that's why he hasn't started yet. now all i need is a 4 barrel intake, and they aren't easy to find used for the amc v8. i'll be ordering from summit on monday;)
should be driving my jeep again by the end o' the month.

Today UNCC_99XJ needed me to pull some crap off for him at pull-a-part. 1998 XJ classic- got the heated mirrors off of it, some computer he needed for his buddies and I got an end cap for my bumper because one of mine was fubared. Well, he gave me his old non-heated mirrors and they bolted right up to my '92! Which was nice, bigger mirrors so I can see crap better! Also I put on a non-power antenna on mine because I took my splash guard out and the power antenna finally quit working. So hopefully this week I can go back and get the front axle shafts out of that '98 because they are the ABS axles!

Back