• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Sad thing about mine is, yesterday was the first time in months that i've seen 16mpg...and I did a 327 mile round trip on the highway. Used to be able to pull down 18-19 on the highway and 17 around town. Hoping that once I get my manifold on it will go back up some.
well, i drove my jeep from murfreesboro, tn to hartsville, indiana and back on one 17 gallon tank! it's roughly a 600 mile round trip, and i drafted 18 wheelers some, and topped off the tank every time it got down to 3/4 of a tank. i only had to top it off 4 times, hence one tank. i'm still driving on gas i got in indiana!:scared: i'm sittin at ~4" of lift, 30" bfg mall-terrains, 3.55 gears, and renix 4.0, and aw4/np242. the jeep was sittin at just under 285,000 when i parked it. i'm rather satisfied!:cheers:

and I accomplished all of this for less than 70 bucks. Now that's good poop.

Props to your parts guy for helpin you out on Jeep parts...wonder who that hardworking SOB is? :D

well, i drove my jeep from murfreesboro, tn to hartsville, indiana and back on one 17 gallon tank! it's roughly a 600 mile round trip, and i drafted 18 wheelers some, and topped off the tank every time it got down to 3/4 of a tank. i only had to top it off 4 times, hence one tank. i'm still driving on gas i got in indiana!:scared: i'm sittin at ~4" of lift, 30" bfg mall-terrains, 3.55 gears, and renix 4.0, and aw4/np242. the jeep was sittin at just under 285,000 when i parked it. i'm rather satisfied!:cheers:

Yeah like I said...18-19...not uncommon to see 20 on the highway used to be the norm, with 17ish around town. Having the a/c on didn't really make a difference either. Then all of a sudden one day it was like I flipped an "economy switch" to the off position...mileage took a nose dive and hasn't recovered. Oxygen sensor tested good according to the FSM, and while my manifold isn't as cracked as a lot of other 4.0's I see, i'm going to start there. Got the APN and all new hardware sitting in the back of the Jeep..just haven't had time to put it on. If that doesn't help, i'll probably throw an o2 sensor on regardless. At 132K, it's probably getting tired anyways.

Did the swingout give you any problems?

No serious issues. It was a northern XJ I took it off of and the bottom bushing was fubared, and it was like that for a while. As a direct cause of that the bracket that bolts to the hatch that the arm latched to was all bent down, so we had to make a few adjustments. Lastly, my 31 that I bolted to the back makes the bumper sag when you swing it open, sooo I need to re-enforce the bumper, or just break down and build a real bumper for it.

UNCC_99XJ- ya this parts guy really helps me out price wise, especially when the expensive parts he gets me don't work so I can return them and get my money back :):cheers:

oh yes and thank you Mr. Shrek for the props.

No serious issues. It was a northern XJ I took it off of and the bottom bushing was fubared, and it was like that for a while. As a direct cause of that the bracket that bolts to the hatch that the arm latched to was all bent down, so we had to make a few adjustments. Lastly, my 31 that I bolted to the back makes the bumper sag when you swing it open, sooo I need to re-enforce the bumper, or just break down and build a real bumper for it.

Do you have that extra bracket on the end of the bumper? Mine will hold a 32 with no sagging.

UNCC_99XJ- ya this parts guy really helps me out price wise, especially when the expensive parts he gets me don't work so I can return them and get my money back :):cheers:

Yeah then he takes the heat from his boss man for playing guess and check with sensors, even though they do it all the time.

Hell of a parts guy this man is..lol.

Do you have that extra bracket on the end of the bumper? Mine will hold a 32 with no sagging.

mmm. Please do explain, I may have it on there, but I do not know, I don't recall having any extra reinforcement for it...Any Pictures or something along those lines?

UNCC_99XJ-ya that parts guy is coming to my house today because apparently all he can do is sell parts, but can't fix oil leaks properly on his jeep :clap:

UNCC_99XJ-ya that parts guy is coming to my house today because apparently all he can do is sell parts, but can't fix oil leaks properly on his jeep :clap:

In his defense, the leak appears to NOT be from work that was recently done...so HA!

if he was fixing the leak, he wouldn't have been at work getting you that discount, though......

P.S. he should be putting that manifold on and saving gas $$$$ to buy oil-- it's still cheaper in the long run!

mmm. Please do explain, I may have it on there, but I do not know, I don't recall having any extra reinforcement for it...Any Pictures or something along those lines?

I'll grab a picture tomorrow.

P.S. he should be putting that manifold on and saving gas $$$$ to buy oil-- it's still cheaper in the long run!

haha yes, he's aware of this. However, his old man insists on helping (read: cussing and swearing) him do the install....so he is waiting on a free day for both schedules.

Last weekend I did the Greg Smith power door lock upgrade to my 90 and I finally have working door locks again:clap:

I also fixed the one window regulator that had quit working 19 years ago, it was the linkage had slipped from the regulator and had the window locked in the up position. Its the best working window i have now.

I installed a 96 wiper motor/transmission in the 90 which took some tracing of wiring schematics to make it work but now I have smooooth wipers now, no more jerky wipers.

This weekend I am going to install the new distributor, steering box, and dual electric fans. I have a 96 brake booster/master cylinder to add in the future as well.

I might get around to finishing my front axle for the trail rig.

started and finished Christmas shopping this A.M.-- I do-so love watching people lose their composure (euphemistically, of course) when they can't just "zip in" and "zip out" without having to actually interact with other people!:spin1:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
God, I hate people!

Spent last night with the family and 2 other families that we're good friends with and had a little party at our house. Great food, great people, and great beer :D

Today was spent driving around visiting other family (dad, his sister, then over to see my mom's sister and my cousins). Rackin up miles on the Jeep this week. So far it's 700 since last Friday.

Up early in the morning to head back to Charlotte and work for the next 3 days before taking a 2 day vacation to Boone.

been busy putting lift kits on for some $$

cserou - how much custom html/css are you able to do on that blog? I wouldn't think that it was that customizable.

It has an option to input using an HTML editor. It's been giving me some trouble with changing my HTML every time I hit "publish", but it understands me most of the time :D. I've tried doodling around a little with HTML/CSS using notepad, but I needed a project that would hold me somewhat accountable so that I would actually do it, and blogspot was free...

CSS is fairly powerful for this type of application.

I learned by going to 'basic' pages and looking at the page source. This way you can see how things *should* be set up.

Back