• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

No problem man, let me know if you need a hand getting it put in, or if you need a gear install, etc. Im usually down that way pretty often.

Removed around 10 lbs. of wiring and connectors, working on moving remaining relay's and fuses from main PDC to another location. Working on splicing remaining wiring together eliminating firewall connections and fuse block. Then remounting ECU and TCU on cabin side of firewall in prep for more cutting.

Just got back from a two day trip to Boone with a bunch of friends. Didn't do much other than hang out, kill time in downtown Boone, and play in the foot of snow that was still up there. Got in some snow wheelin up around Howards Knob.

How were the roads i move into my dorm the 5th.

Main roads were fine....lots of snow that's piled up on the sides from plows, so you have to watch it at night when the melted runoff re-freezes (almost had an issue coming into town Tuesday night).

Last night it snowed pretty good for about 3-4 hours and the side roads up by our cabin got covered instantly...everything was melted/wet this morning when we left town.

If you go up around Howards Knob, once you get about halfway up it turns to complete snow/ice.

Mark, did the frame stiffeners go on pretty easy? Still have to do mine. The only part I am dreading is removing all the underbody coating so I can weld the dang things on.

How bout the relocation brackets? Good stuff? I need to do this also.

PICS NOW ED!! :D

~James

Like Ed said the 36 grit flap disc worked like a charm. I wasn't expecting the stuff to come off that easy. We coated everything with a weldable zinc primer after stripping and away we went. As for the welding, Tyler did a great job. I must say it took longer than I thought but it was worth it. There are alot of holes in them that's for sure. A coat of primer and paint afterwards and they look great. I will try and get some finished pics tomorrow and post up. Oh yeah, I still have to put a bead of seam sealer around them just for good measure.

The relocation brackets are great. I am running a stock shackle right now and I don't like it. I have a good angle but the spring doesn't have alot of movement either up or down. If I go with a longer shackle, which I probably will, I will have to add spacers or a longer coil up front to make it sit level. I have the 4.5" RC w/full leaves. I haven't wheeled them yet and I'm hoping they will settle some after flexing. If not, well, I'll need to raise the front or lower the rear. Not sure which way I will go.

All in all it was an excellent day!!!!

Haha I'd love to tell you more about the trip, but i'm having a hard time remembering some parts of it lol.

So im guessing you found the ABC store?

thanks that's good to know. if the snow stays maybe i can go and have some fun after orientation:clap:

Oh don't worry there will plenty more to play in.

So im guessing you found the ABC store?

Yup! Was a popular place Tuesday night lol.

no but i plan to look it up shortly, why good spot to play?

Cherry St. is how you get up to Howards Knob (it's right off King St. heading towards the Mast General Store if you turn left off of HWY 321.). Turn onto Cherry St, stay right onto Eastbrook, take a right on Hunting, then left on Eastview, then follow that up. When you get to the sign at the bottom of the hill for Howards Knob, merge left (Howards Knob is closed during the winter). Follow that road up until you come to the top. Then you'll merge onto a road on your left that I can't remember the name of. The road to the left that's just before it has a big orange "road closed in 500 ft" sign. When you get to the top of this road there'll be a bunch of mailboxes at the top. Turn right at all the mailboxes and continue to go up. After this you can wander around on all roads and go almost anywhere you like. All the roads will loop back around and bring you back to the mailboxes one way or another. During the summer it's muddy/rocky but right now from all the snow it's pretty packed. I had 4 other people in the Jeep with me and climbed up in 4HI with no problems. To be on the safe side though I used 4LO and 1st gear to engine brake down the snow/ice covered hills. There are cabins and other houses on all these roads, so it's perfectly legal to drive on and there are some beautiful views when you get to the top...like this one:

1003318.jpg

went to wooly's had some fun, broke somebody else's jeep, took a few pics and a couple short videos. the pics are on my phone, and i don't have internet on the phone, so i'll hafta figure something out on that one....

I went over to trail rate this's house. Wingnutooa and I began the gear swap to 4:10s. Bogosia was there getting his comanche running. The gear swap actually turned into a two day mess that included making a trip into some woods, loading a dana 30 from a zj into matt's manche, and taking it back to trail rate this's house just in time for the morale to decrease substantially. Oh yeah... all that was done for a cross shaft. You really had to be there.... really. We called it a night after 6 since everyone had been there since that morning. Got back to work the next morning and all went gravy. Thanks wingnutooa for a job well done. Don't forget the carb cleaner.... or the gear marking compound. lol.

Back