• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Let's see......

Went to Tyler's yesterday. Swapped 4.56 gears and Aussie into the front, installed BrianHo's frame stiffeners and shackle relocaton brackets, and installed a set of JCR rock sliders, and put in an SYE, and installed a roof rack.:repair:

A big thanks to Ed and Doug and Dan for helping and hanging out. :cheers:

Most of all thanks to Tyler, Team Wlllys, and Rock Solid Fab for all the hard work and awsome job!!!!!:party: Everything is at it should be and works great!!!!:cheers:

It was a VERY loooooong productive day. I got home about 1:30am and up again @ 5:45. For you young guys that's a piece of cake, not so much for me...:D:D

I don't have any pics but Ed and Doug took some...I think.:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had Christmas...fried a turkey, spent sunday cooking then Dollywood (roller coasters at night rule!)
Looked at the parts I'll be putting on the jeep next week. Thanks Erik!

We had way too much fun getting a lot of work done.

I took pics but don't expect them to be posted right away. I'm dumb when it comes to that stuff.

Replaced the distributor and finally the whine is gone:)

Funny story, i had a coupon for $20 of $100 at Advanced, the part with core charge was 110$. Guy at the counter (has seen me more than a couple times, lol) gave me the $20 off. switched it out and returned the dead one for my $45 core charge refund.

So i basically got a 65$ distributor for $45:) made my day! i guess its the little things in life hahahaha.

bought a locker for the fullsize waggy, and a spare for the xj waggy. went and talked to the guy that has my big waggy, and he hasn't started on it yet. i'm guessing it'll be at least the end of january before i get her back, but the money i save, and having my dream ride back will be worth it...:D

Drove to Atlanta on Saturday...compressor bearings decided to freeze...drove around in my granddad's buick (very smooth ride) until everything opened on Monday...went to 1 of the 1000 salvage yards and got one from a 99 XJ for $75...spent 5 minutes replacing it (I already have a leak somewhere so the lines were empty)...experienced 15 minutes of joy over the $600 I saved doing it myself...got yelled at for 5 minutes because I mentioned a lift to a friend which my other half overheard...had fun for a few days...drove home...back at work...

It has an option to input using an HTML editor. It's been giving me some trouble with changing my HTML every time I hit "publish", but it understands me most of the time :D. I've tried doodling around a little with HTML/CSS using notepad, but I needed a project that would hold me somewhat accountable so that I would actually do it, and blogspot was free...

Whats really gonna bake your noodle is browser compatibility...getting your blog to look the same in all browsers (IE, firefox, opera, etc)

if you haven't found it yet, this is a good reference link
http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Let's see......

Went to Tyler's yesterday. Swapped 4.56 gears and Aussie into the front, installed BrianHo's frame stiffeners and shackle relocaton brackets, and installed a set of JCR rock sliders, and put in an SYE, and installed a roof rack.:repair:

A big thanks to Ed and Doug and Dan for helping and hanging out. :cheers:

Most of all thanks to Tyler, Team Wlllys, and Rock Solid Fab for all the hard work and awsome job!!!!!:party: Everything is at it should be and works great!!!!:cheers:

It was a VERY loooooong productive day. I got home about 1:30am and up again @ 5:45. For you young guys that's a piece of cake, not so much for me...:D:D

I don't have any pics but Ed and Doug took some...I think.:peace:

Mark, did the frame stiffeners go on pretty easy? Still have to do mine. The only part I am dreading is removing all the underbody coating so I can weld the dang things on.

How bout the relocation brackets? Good stuff? I need to do this also.

PICS NOW ED!! :D

~James

got me a good engine. and an air tank.

going to get me an addition on the roll cage and get my engine in the jeep this week :D

And, you got your toolbox back.

Mark, did the frame stiffeners go on pretty easy? Still have to do mine. The only part I am dreading is removing all the underbody coating so I can weld the dang things on.

How bout the relocation brackets? Good stuff? I need to do this also.

PICS NOW ED!! :D

~James

James,

Mark used a 36 grit (?) flap disc to clean the frame and it stripped everything off, from paint to undercoating, with ease. Mark's '99 didn't have tons of undercoating, just a think layer that the factory applied years ago. Then they took the trans crossmember loose and slid the HD stiffners under it. Then Tyler used a floor jack with a block of wood along with two c-clamps. I took a look (and have pics) of how it turned out and I must say RSOR (Tyler) did a great job and it looked great. Tyler took his time and it takes a lot of it to do all the rosette welds. The fit was great but as Doug pointed out, no two XJ's are identical. That is why you use the jack and clamps to press them into place.

Mark has RC drop brackets and the braces had to come off for the stiffners to fit. Then they were bolted back in place afterwards.

...aint life grand

Usually not... lol. But there are those times when you conquer a trail, such as Rattle Rock, and it does feel pretty darn good!

So, over the weekend I Went to Atlanta on Saturday and got just a few more parts for the Grand (computer and some tiny trim parts). Then I went to Murfreesboro with Blake on Sunday to get the correct 305 (post 86 with newer style heads and a roller cam). Monday I did some work for Mark (High2by), and yesterday I went back to Atlanta to get a module that will hopefully fix the Grand. I'll know in a few minutes... Today I am going to get some metal and run some other errands. And tomorrow, I will be working with Blake (YJ-Genral) on the Monster YJ. Hopefully we will be able to get the new drivetrain sitting in the Jeep with new mounts and the drives shafts hooked up, etc. and maybe get the roll cage addition done as well.

Last edited:
Thanks to Trail Rate This and Ed, Mark and Tyler I now have my new to me Dana44 :party:

Thanks a ton guys! I can't wait to get my new truck to be able to help out on some part trains or towing someones rig myself.

Last weekend I finished off my tool area in the garage so I could move in the tool boxes and get them outta the way I will post up some pics later tonight. This weekend is finishing getting things moved around in the garage so I can get the XJ inside so I can start working on the doors and doing the rest of the electrical in the compressor area for the auto drain and the shop radio! (gotta have tunes)

Once again thank you with all the help on the Dana44 !:cheers:

Back