• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I'm wanting to get the Novak shifter in the worst way. Everyone I've read that has one, loves it. Some say it's tricky to install. I'm going to see how I fare for Christmas and see about getting one after that.

I just found a less costly alternative I am highly considering: http://www.bsfab.net/?p=26

I already have a shift plate that goes up instead of down that came on my JY score, so I can bypass half the fab-work.

lets see... sold my truck, now just need the motorcycle gone and i can buy myself a new to me JK...

drove up and picked up the motor from doug, got to see jasons shop (to borrow a cherry picker) and then proceeded to drive up to and around jefferson city, stupid DB wont answer my phone calls and i talked to the guy who we picked the motor up from and he couldnt tell me where the guy lived because apparently he is a bum and has lived with like 4 different people ranging from GF to mom or dad/ GF mom or dad in the last year so he has no perminent residence... if brad sees that guy again i hope that dude gets an ear full or a punch in the face because we showed up during his family time because brad is a huge DB... so we couldnt end up finding the dude...

BUT i did find a 92 HO roller motor in good condition for the same price out in murfeesboro... maybe he will trade me :D or i can buy his and sell this one... who knows...

am currently trying to get the jeep on the trailer without power steering or a running motor and dead battery for winching... yay! going to charge it overnight and try the winch in the morning...

all in all one HELL of a week...

well, i drove to indiana, in my 284k xj. didn't have a problem! used/leaked 1qt oil, 1qt transmission fluid, and only 1 1/4 tank of gas! the round trip was around 600 miles, so i'd say the ol' beast is still running pretty tip top considering:D i need to get that transmission to stop leaking, but i'm not gonna mess with the engine oil leaks. i'm lucky that's ALL that leaked. i'm liable to snug up the oil pan bolts and see what happens.... oh yeah, and it snowed a little up there. i'll post pics tomorrow in the SNOW! thread.

Let's see...what did I do?? Oh yeah snapped off all 4 rear shock mount bolts, and cut the bar pin out with an angle grinder.

grrrrrrrr.

Saturday: Changed the oil in the XJ and everything seems okay. Drove it a little and the oil pressure holds but it seems low on power, but that could be because I've not driven it in over a month.

Sunday: Went to watch the Tennessee Titans play Miami. It's the first time my brother or I had ever been to a pro football game. We had club level seats and parking pass to the game so that made for a great experience. Definately a fun time. We stayed and watched the entire game down to the sudden death overtime. Fun fun time. Went to Waffle House after the game.

well sunday i got the jeep on the trailer with the help of the winch... man it made it so much easier... took the jeep down to tylers house... talked to the guy in murfeesboro about the engine, sounds exactly like what i need, almost complete minus intake (which i have) and a distributor. still sitting in the car... considering buying a painless wiring harness for the TPI... so now i need to unload an 84 305 HO motor...

oh yeh went to a very awkard family dinner at my uncles house with all the family... good times. i love the holidays.

Drove up to Winston to stay with my parents at the last minute and enjoy the snow storm. Re-lived some memories as a kid by sledding for the first time in probably 10-15 years. Took the Jeep out Saturday morning and had some fun with it. Drove back to Charlotte yesterday, tried to help ckale1 diagnose some issues on his newly acquired 98XJ (still baffled about the oil pressure).

Gettin cleaned up now and fixin to head to Raleigh with a friend to spend the day, enjoy the Hurricanes game with the free tickets I got, and drop some Jeep parts off/visit with a buddy of mine who lives out there.

Put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on ....replaced the sending unit....Done. Normal oil pressure now:party:

Put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on ....replaced the sending unit....Done. Normal oil pressure now:party:

Sending unit has been replaced. The mechanical gauge I borrowed from my buddy wouldn't work on the 98 (apparently it's different threads on a RENIX block vs a newer one).

For some reason, just about every 98 i've ever worked on/driven/messed with has done the same damn thing. The pressure is good cold, however when it warms up it drops down to 10-13psi according to the gauge. The motors on all the ones i've messed with run way to good for there to be any issues, and my buddy's driven his with the gauge doing that for atleast 3-4 years (how long i've known him...willing to bet he's driven it like that longer.)

Went to my inlaws in Alabama. We had a great time.:clap::clap:

Met Dr. Randy...is that his name???? I'm not telling. Great guy. I'm looking forward to hitting the trails with him sometime in the near future.:cheers:

Back @ work this morning though...:tear:

Sounds like misinformation from the sending unit...

yeh, mine varied based on engine temp also, but would drop to zero at idle when warm....I think I paid $45 at Autozone...and we're done.:sunshine:

Spent $89 in gas yesterday and got home from Raleigh at 2am this morning...all in all minus the money spent in Gas it was a great trip.

i put $100 in my dads burban this past weekend... luckily i dont have to fill it up that often because it holds so dang much but still... dang funny thing is it goes so far past the full marker that i have put almost 300 miles on it since i filled it and it just went below the full mark lol...

Sad thing about mine is, yesterday was the first time in months that i've seen 16mpg...and I did a 327 mile round trip on the highway. Used to be able to pull down 18-19 on the highway and 17 around town. Hoping that once I get my manifold on it will go back up some.

got a lot done over the past 2 weekends...I had a whole bunch of projects to do and got them done finally.

Installed t-case skid (factory style)
Installed gas tank skid (factory)
installed swingout (factory)
cut my front fenders and re-fit the stock flares
Installed a factory cargo vinyl cover
finished installing my amp
installed a new blower resistor
changed the oil, balanced the tires, alignment, re-siliconed the tail shaft housing, shampooed the seats and carpets

and I accomplished all of this for less than 70 bucks. Now that's good poop.

Back