• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Just curious I know of a yard with 3 or 4 of these laying in a storage shead. Came out of the caprice I think. Some are 305's and some are the 350's.

One more thing, the 700R4 trans he is getting for free is from a 4.3 blazer... the trans will hold up to the power from a 305, but I don't know about a 350?

early 700r4's are pretty weak, they fixed a lot of the problems in the later models before it was replaced by the electronic 4l60e

Its out of an 89, it should be ok behind a 305, but a stout 350 would most likely tear it to shreds lol.

Dangit Ghost, I wish you weren't 6 hours away from us, we might come visit you. Is it Lenney that has them?

Lol, we would spend $150-$200 on fuel alone, so unless it is a free and good running engine, I think we'd be better off to find one closer.

Been out enjoying my new whip the past couple of days before rain tonight closes all the trails again.

DSCN0751.JPG

can you lift it? beef up that chain a little too? it looks mostly stock. how are the brakes? I'd go hydro assist on that thing.

can you lift it? beef up that chain a little too? it looks mostly stock. how are the brakes? I'd go hydro assist on that thing.

Even better than lifting, its already got adjustable travel and air shocks :D. Funny you mentioned brakes... I'd like to go disc but those wheels are awfully nice and I would probably end up downgrading to run disc.

Cleaned up, closed up, and opened up rear wheel wells....Thanks Stump!
003.jpg

Looks good guys!

Friday I went to pick up my new Snap On box.

Saturday I piddled around, worked on the shop some more; finished painting the concrete blocks. I also worked on the Grand for a bit. Door locks and windows work now, but I discovered that the passenger rear door lock mechanism is bad, and the door won't lock or unlock with the switch. The motor is good, but it must be stripped or something. Then, dro6767 came by to talk about bumpers. We got a pretty cool one planned out. That will be a short 2-3 day project after I get Chris's stroker finished and on the road. Didn't really do much anything else except watch The Englorious Basterds movie. Pretty darn good!

Today Family s coming to visit. They should be here in about an hour, and will probably stay till 4 or so. Might go do some more work on the grand after they leave. I need to figure out the running issue ASAP. I am pretty sure I know what it is, but Im not exactly sure how to go about fixing it.

I need to figure out the running issue ASAP. I am pretty sure I know what it is, but Im not exactly sure how to go about fixing it.

So what do you think it might be? Inquiring minds wanna know:wave:

Well, I was gonna wait until I fixed it to spill the beans, but since I am apparently the only person of the purchasing party that cares about working on it, I will go ahead and spill them...

From what I understand, when Arron got the jeep, it wouldn't run at all. Apparently it was a bad computer. So he bought one and put it in. Now it will start, but dies 2 seconds later. I am pretty sure the security system is doing it. There should be some type of module with a code programmed in it, and the computer would have a matching code. Apon startup, the computer looks to make sure all of the security systems are good to go, and when it see's a different code, it shuts the injectors off therefore killing the engine. Dan has spoken to a couple of Jeep technicians, and they both agreed that the security system is the problem. But that has been a he said she said he said ordeal, and since he hasn't been over to touch it since we got back home with it, I have had no luck with anything.

I need to empty it out and see if the old computer is in it to check the prefix on the number, but Its sitting in my grandfathers yard and Im not gonna throw it all out just to check for that. If I could get it in my shop I would set it all out in there, but I can't seem to get any help to get it in there. Since it wont run, I kinda need a hand lol.

Well the MJ is finally gone. It's payment for a buddy to do my front gears. He is using it as a yard toy.

Big presentation for Senior Design on Friday, work yesterday and helped a friend with installing a Hack n Tap last night. Spend today studying on and off for finals.....I hate school!

Its out of an 89, it should be ok behind a 305, but a stout 350 would most likely tear it to shreds lol.

Dangit Ghost, I wish you weren't 6 hours away from us, we might come visit you. Is it Lenney that has them?

No Lennie is smart he stays away from Heavy Chevy Junk. I'll check the office computer I think I have some pictures somewhere of them.

picked up a trailer today.... too dark for pics

18ft dovetail wood deck, brakes, breakaway kit, slide in ramps.

all it needs is a little paint in some areas and one board replaced on the deck

im happy now ;)

installed my winch, replaced front diff oil (again) and installed a new vent hose. drove from jackson to murfreesboro, and only used a quarter tank the whole way. awesome:D. gotta love drafting 18 wheelers. oh yeah, i also got meself an 8.25. i'm gonna save a little money up, and get some zj brakes, and a locker, and a solid cover for it. i'm gonna keep my 3.55's, just to save some green.

Back