• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails.....

I PMd DeathValleyPaul about Bullfrog, but I don't know if he'll get the message before GoatFest, or if he's even going... He hasn't been on NAXJA in a couple weeks.

Stand in the front yard and yell... =)

He did a great job leading SoCalXJ last spring. I have no idea if he's willing/interested in repeating it, but maybe he has GPS tracks, too?

You sure? I'm counting on you. ;)

leading 3 vs leading 20 isnt very different. I can put a good tailgunner in the group with you..

If there is nobody else that wants to do it. I will and I think I've got my new GPS figured out where I should be able to find the whole trail but no garuntee's on that since I haven't run the whole thing yet.

If there is nobody else that wants to do it. I will and I think I've got my new GPS figured out where I should be able to find the whole trail but no garuntee's on that since I haven't run the whole thing yet.

So far no one else wants to do it. :) Count on it, and I'll try to find someone more familiar with it on the lakebed Friday night/ Saturday morning.

So far no one else wants to do it. :) Count on it, and I'll try to find someone more familiar with it on the lakebed Friday night/ Saturday morning.

Okay, but if I get lost out there and lead everyone off a cliff like a bunch of lemmings on the discovery channel I don't want hear any bitching about scratched paint and missing kids. :anon:

Bah.

Even if you did the bunny trails there is still plenty of fun to be had. Just because you can't do Wrecking Ball doesn't mean JV isn't totally worth it. Hell, JV is worth it even if your Jeep never leaves Means Lake or you drive a Honda there!

Sweet! ill bring my HOnda! :p

Hey, im curious... i didnt read ( or maybe i overlooked it ) what time are we heading out for these trails?

Aslo, I am wondering what trails i should run with my set up

Dana 30 up front ( stupid vac disco) with tiny Ujoints
Dana 44 in the rear
Both locked with 4.88's
Rocksliders
33" tires
beefed up tierod ( thanks Jeeperjohn) but other than that stock steering
6" lift
Tow points front and rear.
Not the best built rig but i wanna do something more fun that what i have done in the past ( BB John Bull )
And body damage doesnt bother me.

Sweet! ill bring my HOnda! :p

Hey, im curious... i didnt read ( or maybe i overlooked it ) what time are we heading out for these trails?

Aslo, I am wondering what trails i should run with my set up

Dana 30 up front ( stupid vac disco) with tiny Ujoints
Dana 44 in the rear
Both locked with 4.88's
Rocksliders
33" tires
beefed up tierod ( thanks Jeeperjohn) but other than that stock steering
6" lift
Tow points front and rear.
Not the best built rig but i wanna do something more fun that what i have done in the past ( BB John Bull )
And body damage doesnt bother me.

I would say except for the u-joints your setup pretty good for the moderate runs, got any spare axle shafts? I keep a full set of spare stock shafts in my jeep but they won't work for the disco.

you guys lining up and heading out to the trails by 9AM? Please dont say 8AM :)

I would say except for the u-joints your setup pretty good for the moderate runs, got any spare axle shafts? I keep a full set of spare stock shafts in my jeep but they won't work for the disco.

I dont have any spare shafts. i was thinking of going to the junk for some. If anyone has some laying around let me know. Bring em to the event and we can talk about how i can pay you for them. Unless you wanna donate them :p

Ill post up on the Wanted/FS too.

Julio I think you could run clawhammer if you get spare shafts and u joints, but make sure with cal and matty before

you guys lining up and heading out to the trails by 9AM? Please dont say 8AM :)

I vote for 10:30.

sounds good. ill bring spares. are the drive shaft u-joints on a XJ the same size as the tiny ones on the axle shafts?

Also if you haven't removed your unit bearings in the last year you should pull them one night. That way if you kill an axle shaft on the trail you won't have rusted on unit bearing drama.

Do your spares have unit bearings attached? If not make sure to bring a big breaker bar, 36mm socket, and some cotter pins!

Also if you haven't removed your unit bearings in the last year you should pull them one night. That way if you kill an axle shaft on the trail you won't have rusted on unit bearing drama.

Do your spares have unit bearings attached? If not make sure to bring a big breaker bar, 36mm socket, and some cotter pins!

X2

Great information there!

I think this is how the u-joints break down
84 to 99 non abs smaller axle u-joint is spicer 260X series
92 to 01 with abs larger axle u-joint is spicer 297/760X series
Drive shafts are 1310X series

There is a good write-up in the FAQ's section of the website
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101343

I think this is how the u-joints break down
84 to 99 non abs smaller axle u-joint is spicer 260X series
92 to 01 with abs larger axle u-joint is spicer 297/760X series
Drive shafts are 1310X series

There is a good write-up in the FAQ's section of the website
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101343

Close.

'84 - '95-ish is 260x
'95-ish - '01 is 297x (The year break was vague, just like all other things Jeep!)
'89 - '01 with ABS were 297x. (The year ABS was released, if it has ABS it has big joints)

Back