• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails.....

Matty and I will be leading trails that day, but I could use 1-2 more trail leads.

I believe carol offered to take some stockers exploring. Does someone on a full body and 35's want to lead claw or bullfrog?

Sure, I'm willing...unless someone would prefer to lead. Does anyone either have the knowhow to load a nice GPS track into my Lowrance or TomTomOne though, or a tracked GPS I can borrow? If not, it could get, well, interesting!! We'd have to call it the Three Hour Tour run, and I'd rename my rig The Minnow for the day... just don't make me wear that Skipper's cap!

Regardless, the "Bunny Trail"/Scenic Run would be the one I'd be on, and I'm cool with leading it as long as I know where I'm going! I've run Scenics twice, both were different, and I was in the middle the first time and at the end the second time.

Is every thing in JV open to drive on? Or just the trails listed above?

Wide open, that is means lake in the background:
DSC_0791.jpg

Also this map is just the Means lake/hammer trails area:
MCAGCCStudyArea03.jpg
http://www.urfracing.com/images/maps/MCAGCCStudyArea03.jpg

If you back out some you can start to get an idea how big it is, not all of JV is on this map, I could not fit in Cougar Buttes:
MCAGCCStudyArea02.jpg

Again this is over half of JV but not all of it, but it gives you an idea how much there is to explore out there:
MCAGCCStudyArea01.jpg

Google earth game me this for numbers, for the one bomb crator that we almost always park next to:
Latitude: 34°24'53.83"N
Longitude: 116°31'3.81"W

Sure, I'm willing...unless someone would prefer to lead. Does anyone either have the knowhow to load a nice GPS track into my Lowrance or TomTomOne though, or a tracked GPS I can borrow? If not, it could get, well, interesting!! We'd have to call it the Three Hour Tour run, and I'd rename my rig The Minnow for the day... just don't make me wear that Skipper's cap!

Regardless, the "Bunny Trail"/Scenic Run would be the one I'd be on, and I'm cool with leading it as long as I know where I'm going! I've run Scenics twice, both were different, and I was in the middle the first time and at the end the second time.

I can help you find a route. I'll bring my GPS and see if there's time to make a track on Fri, if someone will know how to download it from mine to yours. Otherwise, you can jump in early Sat morning with your GPS and we'll take 30-45 minutes to run it. Also, if you have Means in your GPS so you can get back, you could just take off and go exploring.

I believe carol offered to take some stockers exploring. Does someone on a full body and 35's want to lead claw or bullfrog?

Sure! I have the tracks for bullfrog on my GPS from when we ran it this year at the late great 10th Annual SoCalXJ Jambo.

Oh wait, the date changed for goatfest and now I can't go. First time EVER I'll be missing it since the 1st annual. Nevermind! Have fun guys.

Mike, you have me, and probably others, very curious why you can't make it on 11/7 but usually can the week before Turkey Day. Someone's b'day? Anniversary? Hmmm. Inquiring minds (aka Nosy Carol) want to know!!

Richard, that sounds great. I plan to be out there somewhat early on Friday. I took the day off work, so I should hopefully be out while it's still daylight on Friday. I have doubts as to whether I can lay hands on the software for my GPSs, but my Lowrance can do "breadcrumb" trails if we pre-run it.

I have several things planned for that day that I can't get out of.

ie - He has to spend the afternoon and evening at Stone Brewery most likely.

Actually it's a good thing I was talking to Cal about JV today - I didn't realize that the date had changed and was expecting it to be the weekend before Thanksgiving.

So I'm at 5.5'' Long Arms on 33s with dual lockers. No skids except tranny/xfer case skid. I got a tow hitch for a rear recovery point. Should I get a tow hook for the front if I don't want my axle ripped off?

What's good?

So I'm at 5.5'' Long Arms on 33s with dual lockers. No skids except tranny/xfer case skid. I got a tow hitch for a rear recovery point. Should I get a tow hook for the front if I don't want my axle ripped off?

What's good?

If you don't mind some potential rocker damage I'd shoot for the moderate runs, if you do mind rocker damage beware!

Also, if you don't have tow points you might be allowed to run the stocker bunny trail if Carol is in a particularly good mood, I can guarantee you that you'll be turned away from any moderate or harder trail though.

info on areas close by for shooting? e-thing from hi-power rifles to shot-guns to handguns.

IIRC, firearms arent allowed anywhere near by.

I know within the Socal XJ crowd, after a problem at an event a few years ago they are pretty frowned on.

ie - He has to spend the afternoon and evening at Stone Brewery most likely.

Actually it's a good thing I was talking to Cal about JV today - I didn't realize that the date had changed and was expecting it to be the weekend before Thanksgiving.

No, I won't be at Stone.

info on areas close by for shooting? e-thing from hi-power rifles to shot-guns to handguns.

Why don't you just enjoy the wheeling and visiting? It's only a day. :)

I will be on a full bodied xj with 35s lockers f/r, 44s f/r,upgraded steering, armor yada yada ran claw on 33s last time would like to run aftershock and somthing similar in difficulty, don't want to bang the jeep up TOO bad, but anything goes in JV. Suggestions?

I will be on a full bodied xj with 35s lockers f/r, 44s f/r,upgraded steering, armor yada yada ran claw on 33s last time would like to run aftershock and somthing similar in difficulty, don't want to bang the jeep up TOO bad, but anything goes in JV. Suggestions?

You are set up well to run whatever you like at this event Jesse. Aftershock is fun and harder than Claw, especially since KOH the waterfall near the end is pretty torn up. Or see what we do with the hard run....you'll be fine on Sledge/Jack etc

Back