• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails.....

Sweet I'm excited to be running some of the harder trails, I want the xj to look like an xj when were done

Aftershock:
JV06_0075.jpg

Highway 19:
JV06_0255.jpg

Highway 20:
JV06_0365.jpg

Claw Hammer:
ClawJV1107_0200.jpg

Outer Limits:
JVOL1107_0110.jpg

thanx for the info on shooting - intended to do some fri afternoon w/ my brother, but not sure yet. might just skip shooting if it's that big a deal

Ah yes, the infamous gay hat club JV run.
:smootch::roflmao: :smootch::roflmao: :smootch::roflmao: :smootch::roflmao: :smootch::roflmao: :smootch::roflmao:

Also, if you don't have tow points you might be allowed to run the stocker bunny trail if Carol is in a particularly good mood, I can guarantee you that you'll be turned away from any moderate or harder trail though.
Me, be in a particularly good mood? Hell no--NEVER!!! I am a b!tch & hate everyone!! :wave:

What tow points did you get? I think the 2 best options are either the stock factory ones or the ones with brackets from Custom 4x4 that I'm running. They lock in nice & solid.

it was factory mounts. OR Fab makes it. The place I bought it from just emailed saying they are out of stock (no wonder the price was so good). Got my money back and now I'm back in the market for a front winch bumper. :(

Make sure your winch bumper uses 5 or so bolts on each side to bolt it in, and not just the factory 3.

Thats a recipe for fail. ;)

What trails would be OK for a XJ on with 6", 33s, locked in the front, full Skids and front and rear tow points, not to mention Alloys in the front and beef steering. Im afraid its going to like Socal fest were i wasnt ""Allowed"" to run any trail but gold mtn.

What trails would be OK for a XJ on with 6", 33s, locked in the front, full Skids and front and rear tow points, not to mention Alloys in the front and beef steering. Im afraid its going to like Socal fest were i wasnt ""Allowed"" to run any trail but gold mtn.

What?

Were you built like you described?

YOu should be able to do anything in BIg Bear like that.

I do not have a rear locker. What trials would ok for that setup? I just dont want to drive 4 hours and run the super easy, bunny trails!

You have gears? Make sure you have appropriate spare parts.

What rear? As long as its not a 27 spline or less rear, you should be fine for Tackhammer/LBJ, Clawhammer, or the bunny runs. Maybe aftershock with the right lead and if you're a good driver, but i hear its pretty tore up right now.

The entire point of Goatfest is to get the guys who don't usually get to run hammer trails out on to the hammer trails; but at the same time we DO have to make sure we aren't creating a problem for us and destroying your jeep. ;)

As far as SoCalFest goes .. yeah, apparently there were some problems there. A guy on a stock rig showed up and was told there was not a trail for him to run, he should find a passenger seat. I think they had the wrong guys doing the runs, who set unrealistic requirements so they wouldnt have to actually do any work.

If I was only locked in the front(assuming everything else was built) I'd go for LBJ, Clawhammer, Aftershock, and Sledgehammer. Those trails will challenge you with an open rear.

If I was only locked in the front(assuming everything else was built) I'd go for LBJ, Clawhammer, Aftershock, and Sledgehammer. Those trails will challenge you with an open rear.

I considered mentioning sledge as well, but as I'm apparently still trying to master fire roads, I didnt feel comfortable commiting him to that. :)

Back