• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails.....

if i get sapres from the junk ill buy them with the unit bearings assuming they arent fubard. The axle shafts have been removed a couple times and recently to have em regeared.
Guess im going to the junkyard this week. :p
I vote for 10:30.

Also if you haven't removed your unit bearings in the last year you should pull them one night. That way if you kill an axle shaft on the trail you won't have rusted on unit bearing drama.

Do your spares have unit bearings attached? If not make sure to bring a big breaker bar, 36mm socket, and some cotter pins!

if i get sapres from the junk ill buy them with the unit bearings assuming they arent fubard. The axle shafts have been removed a couple times and recently to have em regeared.
Guess im going to the junkyard this week. :p

Ah, you haven't actually obtained them yet ;)

Bring PB Blaster and get three longer bolts to pound against to drive the unit bearing out without damaging it. That makes it a lot easier anyway because getting the 36mm nut off without brakes or an impact wrench is pretty difficult.

Ah, you haven't actually obtained them yet ;)

Bring PB Blaster and get three longer bolts to pound against to drive the unit bearing out without damaging it. That makes it a lot easier anyway because getting the 36mm nut off without brakes or an impact wrench is pretty difficult.

no, not yet. I posted up on the socal for sale asking to see if anyone has some laying about... but ill go look for some if i have to.

no, not yet. I posted up on the socal for sale asking to see if anyone has some laying about... but ill go look for some if i have to.

I don't think I have any more disconnect shafts lying about but if I bump into any while digging out my spares (wherever they are!) I'll give them to you, I'll never use them.

I don't think I have any more disconnect shafts lying about but if I bump into any while digging out my spares (wherever they are!) I'll give them to you, I'll never use them.

sounds good. If you find em, ill gladly pay you in beer. :p

oh yeah, a friend of mine asked if Sammi's were allowed to come along? Apparently he's got some coworkers over at honeywell that have some built sammi's.

five days away, more photos needed!
Highway 20:
JV06_0389.jpg

Looking down Claw:
JV06_0609.jpg

Driving to the top of Wrecking Ball:
JV06_0771.jpg

Wrecking Ball:
JV06_0806.jpg

http://www.urfracing.com/images/JV06_0389.jpg

@Boostamante:

Yeah, find some spare shafts and you're welcome to run. Also, remind me to pack some spare balljoints, when those 260's blow they can take the balljoint out with them. ;)

@Everyone who is unsure about running 'the hammers'

The whole point of Goatfest is to let the guys who don't normally get to run JV trails on to JV trails. As long as your shit is safe and isn't going to create a massive headache for everyone involved, we're willing to do a little work to get you through the trail. :)

Proper recovery points, reasonable build for your tire size, and reasonable spares, a first aid kit, a fire extinguisher, and an understanding that you may very well be on the trail until 4am because someone's fuel pump failed or t-case detonated. Pack some clothing, a little food, and if you bring kids along, be prepared to entertain them if the group has stopped to deal with a clusterXXXX.

Don't carry a ton of unncessary weight on the trail, you'll have an easier time climbing and reduce your odds of breaking. You don't need your entire ice chest, 10 gallons of fuel and 4 people in your back seat to go run a 3/4 mile trail. =)

None of that is LIKELY mind you, but I'm prepared for it, and as long as you are too, everything will be just peachy. :)

You don't need your entire ice chest, 10 gallons of fuel and 4 people in your back seat to go run a 3/4 mile trail. =)
Hey, I've run out there loaded down with 4 teens and a German Shepherd and an ice chest... but of course, that was the bunny trail/scenic run. Still surprised the snot out of everyone when we all piled out of a bone-stock XJ at the first water break!!

This time it's just me & the dog, lunch & water for us both, and the usual trail equipment. Eddie's going to be so happy hegets to go again this time! He loves going to the desert, and gives me such a betrayed look if I come home from a weekend without him, smelling like rocks and sand.

Hey, I've run out there loaded down with 4 teens and a German Shepherd and an ice chest... but of course, that was the bunny trail/scenic run. Still surprised the snot out of everyone when we all piled out of a bone-stock XJ at the first water break!!

This time it's just me & the dog, lunch & water for us both, and the usual trail equipment. Eddie's going to be so happy hegets to go again this time! He loves going to the desert, and gives me such a betrayed look if I come home from a weekend without him, smelling like rocks and sand.

Yeah, but I'm willing to bet he doesnt make margarita's with a 4 cup measuring cup.

Top of Clawhammer:
IMG_0051.jpg

Waterfall on Claw (note I was running 32 ATs back then):
photo66.jpg

SoCalJambo07+013.jpg

End of Lower Big Johnson:
2006-11-19+035.jpg

Wrecking Ball in 05:
2005-11_jv+032.jpg

Captain Ron running Wrecking Ball on 33s:
2005-11_jv+035.jpg

Dan before his major XJ revisions:
2005-11_jv+055.jpg

Yeah, but I'm willing to bet he doesnt make margarita's with a 4 cup measuring cup.

There is nothing wrong with that.

BTW, it was tupperware :gee:

What can I say... for a girl that doesn't like the taste of alcohol and has no interest in drinking, she makes a helluva margarita!!

Captain Ron running Wrecking Ball on 33s:
BEFORE
2005-11_jv+035.jpg

You failed to include the After shots.

There is a reason nobody else runs it on 33's with stock bumpers and crappy tow hook brackets. :D

you guys lining up and heading out to the trails by 9AM? Please dont say 8AM :)

It's best to leave no later than 9 am, at least for the hardcore runs, since you never know how long you'll be out on the trail. Plus, if you say 9:00 it'll end up being 9:30. :)

So we say 8:30 & end up leaving at 9:00? Josh isn't leaving OC till dark-thirty Sat morning.

Back