• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Budget Bucket's build

Kevin is your buddy . His cage rocks. Copy his . Use his mad skills. He is legit. If you are tall like Kevin or I, you will want the Halo on top of the roof. Otherwise, save money and time and just buy a pre built 10 pt cage from S and W race cars for 399$.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm just thinking of certain bends and maybe adding a D pillar. I just don't want my halo top close for the windshield and be able to use it as a roof rack as well maybe.

Look at the one URF built for B.C...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

...very roomy inside and safe.

Sam you are a tall dude. You sure you want an interior cage?

Why not do a hybrid like mine and Kevin's?

so im trying to contemplate my options. because the sun roof really sets me back in this aspect. so ill be trying to work this one out for a while. whether hybrid or ino cage.

Kevin is your buddy . His cage rocks. Copy his . Use his mad skills. He is legit. If you are tall like Kevin or I, you will want the Halo on top of the roof. Otherwise, save money and time and just buy a pre built 10 pt cage from S and W race cars for 399$.

and i do like kevins, his is actually the one that gave me the idea for mine plus my ex helped give me a few more ideas for it. and ill look into that one. thanks

Look at the one URF built for B.C...

and thanks for the example man i will keep that in mind.

I borrowed some tube from kevin to look at some inside and outside angles just so i can see how things look in a more substantial form instead of imaginary.

but for now i think ill focus on the bumpers, and slider and see where i get with this cage idea. but im loving all the feed back. helping me out alot! thanks

Slider are important, however. I definitely recommend some frame stiffeners. Do it soon, before it is too late and you have to start over.

Alright so quick update on the Bucket

Since i was home for a month with nothing to do i thought id chase down the problems ive been putting off on my jeep. idle problems,rattles, squeaks, and vibrations because im OCD like that.

so i fixed the vibrations by putting in the 4* shims backwards and taking out the front driveshaft for the higher speed vibes.

also dropped the transfer case 4 washers since its not even a half inch lol. I also added some things to the bucket.

i added a sun roof air deflector to help with that terrible whistle. (fixed it with duct-tape after all)

i also added some vacuum hose lines to my fenders so it protects hands and necks when they are under the sharp fenders. also doesn't look to shabby in my opinion.

i cut and folded my rear fenders so now my tires clear no problem.
painted a bit more.

also added some SJ sharks hockey pucks to the front end so i wont hit my fenders anymore. so i am now a rolling sponsor for the sharks lol.

i added a an intercooler to the front to help with my oil spewing problem from the transmission on long trips.

fixed the smashed foglight from Hollister. added some super bright LED lights.
used a can and a half of WD-40 for my squeaks lol. Also replaced both side ball joints which don't even get me started on how much i hate.

added new spark plugs, air filter, sea foamed, new oil all around, cleaned out the coils, and i think i got rid of my rough idle not to mention it is a nicer ride now, quiter, smoother, and added 3 more mpg to my car. also rotated my tires, painted center rims so no more rust look, and did some more wiring for other stuff.

anyways enough blabbing, here are my pics of what i did.

oh and i also found that some of my rattle problems were factory bolts left in my frame rails....so i hope those arent important lol

anyways, gonna go wash her and then headed up to reno for school. stoked on how she came out so far.

next on my list in order is:
frame stiffners,
sliders,
cage,
bumpers
possible halo head lights.

well thanks for reading that lengthy update haha. lets go wheelin

lol i forgot i posted that last one. (ignore that dumb post, thats just a light switch.)

Anyways for my substance abuse class i have to give up something im addicted to, and all my friends and I think wheeling/cars in general is my guilty pleasure so that means i am giving up wheeling for 9 weeks. no naxja, fb car pages, wheeling etc. all i can do is DD and repair if necessary. well see how long this lasts.... lol. if you need to get a hold of me for parts or other stuff contact kevin or gordon. yes i just volunteered them lol. anyway have a good few weeks!! im gonna go boarding i guess :p

Thing is looking good Sam.

You are insane Sam. I could never give up jeeps for something like that. Haha

...your teacher is trying to teach you how to treat addicts by having you give up Jeep stuff for a month?
I like Jeeps, but I never doubled over screaming obscenity over them or robbed a house for parts...

Yossarian has a really good point. its more of a very strong hobby.

Makes me think of the movie half baked with that Bob Saget Cameo when he is at NA meeting but for Jeeps : "You ever suck **** for Jeeps? Cuz i have sucked **** for coke…"

Our Jeep "addictions" are on par with a healthy love for a sport. Although , Our sport does cost a lot more. It would probably be more cost effective to stop jeeping and start smoking crack but it wouldn't be as fun I would imagine.

BAHAHAH I don't start till Monday apperently.

Thanks guys I'm happy how its coming along.

And yossarian and john, haha no I know that its a healthy love and not actually an addiction. But I don't have anything really to give up. I don't eat/do junk food, caffeine, drugs, drinking, social media addiction, shopping addiction, gum chewing "addiction" and stuff people in my class are giving up. I basically have to pick something that I do or surround myself w constantly. The goal is to have u experience a withdrawal to an addiction, and because i don't have anything else I surround myself w besides outdoor stuff/friends I figured I'd try Jeeping since I do it every weekend. Its just something "fun" for class lol. I would never give up Jeeping for anything else.

good call Sam.

Since you don't start till Monday we should go wheeling this weekend

well i finished my abstinence project and kinda went wild....

bought a brand new T-Case 231 and drive shaft with SYE installed. from turbo trick. thanks again man. installing it very soon.

also bought this bad boy off my buddy shown here. 41 inch light bar, spot and flood for $100

so i got my hands full. also need to buy hood vents and solve my heat soak problem.

after that is finished, i will be buying frame stiffeners, rocker replacement with 2X6, rear cut and fold of the quarter panels, and then finally bumpers front and rear. after that is all done i will be doing a tease clock and a home made flat belly pan. that should keep me happy and busy for a while.
anyways good to be back

Back