• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest 2019!

I’m just hoping our Board makes a decision soon so I can reserve accommodations and mark my calendar.

The one we should recall that hasn't logged on since the 28th of Oct?

Wow, calico pricing is a shock...I recall it being a lot cheaper.

As for me staying at the bunkhouse, I'm out....no pets allowed.

The entire SoCal BOD hasn't logged in since 10/28?:dunno:

60 hour work weeks has had me done in the last few months. I have been checking the boards, though.
Is there anyone that would like to help drum up raffle prizes?

The wind last year ate my tent while I was trying to set it up. I was glad we had the bunkhouse. It was pricey since so few signed up to use it.

Me and my gf really enjoy Big Bear.

I had to abandon my tent last year and go to a motel due to the rain/snow since i had young kids with me and the wife wasn't too happy. If it is in big bear this year i'll prob just skip the tent and get a motel again. Because of that i'd rather do calico.

A few years ago in Big Bear my wife took the kids (and the food and sleeping bags) home when it started to snow. Breaking down in the snow is not fun.

If the wife and kids are with me it will have to be a cabin (bunkhouse). If its just me and the dogs, a tent is fine.

Last edited:
A few years ago in Big Bear my wife took the kids (and the food and sleeping bags) home when it started to snow. Breaking down in the snow is not fun.

If the wife and kids are with me it will have to be a cabin (bunkhouse). If its just me and the dogs, a tent is fine.

I left my tent and all of my stuff there and just bailed and went to a motel. Came back to pack up the following morning.

I remember Peter being abandoned on that trip.

OTOH, The Varmints absolutely loved that trip.

It was like NONE OF US read the weather forecast, self included.

Not "none" of us.

I even brought a heater for you.

I think we should alternate b/w Big Bear & Calico... I think we may be safe in Mid-May in Big Bear this year (weekend before Memorial Day). I understand that Calico may be warmer, and that it's better for the buggy guys. But it's windy and somewhat desolate compared to Big Bear. And there have been many years when it was beautiful in Big Bear...

I really don't want to try the Bunkhouse thing again, especially two years in a row. The Chapter will be full of complaints and no-shows if we try to charge a registration fee...

And the Bunkhouse was available to rent from the Chapter last year and got zero participation except for 2 BOD members and my friend Arna, and Charles DeBock for one night (because his tent shredded I think).

I think we should alternate b/w Big Bear & Calico... I think we may be safe in Mid-May in Big Bear this year (weekend before Memorial Day). I understand that Calico may be warmer, and that it's better for the buggy guys. But it's windy and somewhat desolate compared to Big Bear. And there have been many years when it was beautiful in Big Bear...

I really don't want to try the Bunkhouse thing again, especially two years in a row. The Chapter will be full of complaints and no-shows if we try to charge a registration fee...

And the Bunkhouse was available to rent from the Chapter last year and got zero participation except for 2 BOD members and my friend Arna, and Charles DeBock for one night (because his tent shredded I think).

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=246627524#post246627524

Back