• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

20th Annual SoCal Fest 2024 4/19 - 4/21

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
The 20th Anniversary NAXJA SoCal Fest will be held April 19th - 21st, 2024 at Calico.

As always, the family friendly event is open to all.

Additional details will be announced at a later date. A sub forum will be posted in the Events Area shortly after the first of the year.

The first annual event was held at Calico January 30 - 31, 2004. If you have any photos or memories from the 2004 event feel free to post them here. I have some pics around here somewhere; I'll have to dig for them.

I know that I was sporting a D35, open/open on 31s at the time. I do recall "opting" to not attempt Gate Keeper on Doran at the time. :)

HQ for Saturday night is Cabin #8, that's where the raffle will be held

Thank you Carol.

There is now a SoCal Fest 2024 sub forum in the NAXJA events forum.

CLICK HERE

It is an open forum. Post up.

Last edited:
And it's the 20th Anniversary of SoCalFest!!
I hear rumors we're going to try to get Pint Glasses made again...

And it's the 20th Anniversary of SoCalFest!!

My pint glass from Moab 2018 gets regular use. I would be happy to add a mate to it. Even cooler if it has a new design.

Even cooler if it has a new design.

It/they will be...and the rumors are true.

Their design will be very similar to the clothing artwork. The artwork concept was cooperatively established a few weeks ago and is coming along. They will be printed by the same company as was used twice before. The printing was crisp, and from what I understand they have held up well.

I was charged with coming up with, and ordering the Moab glasses after the last minute. It was adapted from the 15th anniversary SoCal glass. I created/adapted the artwork for both. The prototype for the 15th glasses was a one off laser etched. I don't have any of the printed production glasses, but I still have the etched one. The etching seemed like a good idea until I discovered the graphic disappeared when filled with beer.

:cheers:

So, I'm a Midwest transplant now out in Phoenix and this will be my first NAXJA event out west other than Moab. Look forward to meeting a bunch of you guys, I SHOULD have my 4 link done by then ready to dump my clutch and break stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

haunted-cabin-pumpkin.jpg

Ooooohhhh, the haunting at cabin eight! :D

So, I'm a Midwest transplant now out in Phoenix and this will be my first NAXJA event out west other than Moab. Look forward to meeting a bunch of you guys, I SHOULD have my 4 link done by then ready to dump my clutch and break stuff.

That's the spirit!

Be sure to make a night run up Doran Canyon if you have an opportunity. That's a lot of fun and probably different than what you're used to seeing.

I'd almost consider flying out for this and hitching a ride in someone's passenger seat, except that it's scheduled for the same weekend as the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend, and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss that. Maybe another year.

Rock crawl on.

Be sure to make a night run up Doran Canyon if you have an opportunity. That's a lot of fun and probably different than what you're used to seeing.
I've only ever night wheeled before once, definitely gotta get some good lighting going but I'd love to. I hear lots of night wheeling out here in PHX over the summer so gotta get the jeep in shape.

There is now a SoCal Fest 2024 sub forum in the NAXJA events forum.
Click Here

It is an open forum. Post up.

The link above to the events forum is working again. The SoCal Fest 2024 sub-forum is the only thing that did not transfer from the old forum format to the new one. I will rebuild it. I have the technology.

Last edited:
Back