• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest 2019!

I would lean towards Big Bear this year, the weekend of 5/17-19 or 5/31-6/2 to hope to avoid bad weather. The Jeep Jamboree (and Mother's Day weekend) is 5/9-5/11. Memorial Weekend is 5/24-5/27.

If we did do Calico again, we most likely would NOT be renting the bunkhouse for a meeting point. Virtually no one booked for staying there last year, and the cost for the chapter to rent it is much too high for basically just providing a W I N D break on Saturday evening.

We don't do it at places like JV, Truckhaven, or Superstition because this is the annual "Family" event, and lots of wives & kids want some sort of amenities (like flush toilets). So we're kind of stuck with Big Bear or Calico.

I would lean towards Big Bear this year, the weekend of 5/17-19 or 5/31-6/2 to hope to avoid bad weather. The Jeep Jamboree (and Mother's Day weekend) is 5/9-5/11. Memorial Weekend is 5/24-5/27.

If we did do Calico again, we most likely would NOT be renting the bunkhouse for a meeting point. Virtually no one booked for staying there last year, and the cost for the chapter to rent it is much too high for basically just providing a W I N D break on Saturday evening.

We don't do it at places like JV, Truckhaven, or Superstition because this is the annual "Family" event, and lots of wives & kids want some sort of amenities (like flush toilets). So we're kind of stuck with Big Bear or Calico.

How much is the bunkhouse? maybe we can all pitch in and rent it just for the evening we are doing our party? :party:

Absolutely!

I would stay at the bunkhouse this time, I only didn't last time because I was sick...only time in over a decade i haven't camped for SCF.

I'm more inclined to big bear myself. I just can't get excited over calico.

How much is the bunkhouse? maybe we can all pitch in and rent it just for the evening we are doing our party? :party:

This is what the reservation site said.

2 Night Stay

Arrive Date:5/17/2019 Check In:4:00 PM
Depart Date:5/19/2019Check Out:11:30 AM
Fees:$327.00

So....not very much if divided by 20 people.

True. Some folks might even opt to stay in the bunkhouse and pay a larger per person share, reducing the cost to those who don’t. So I take Carol’s point, but if we assessed a small registration fee for the event I think we could manage it without dipping into the Chapter’s budget.

True. Some folks might even opt to stay in the bunkhouse and pay a larger per person share, reducing the cost to those who don’t. So I take Carol’s point, but if we assessed a small registration fee for the event I think we could manage it without dipping into the Chapter’s budget.

lets say 25 people show.....and 6 people stay at the bunk house. $5/person attending and $34 if you stay at the bunkhouse (2 nights) is $329. :)

Make it $15/attendee and $44 for the bunk house then you have $10/person for food on Saturday night too ;)

Additionally, XJ Rick makes great carne asada......maybe in lieu of burgers and hot dogs Rick could be the :chef:

I have several Varmints who would also vote Big Bear.

Back