• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RWK Stock Class KOH EMC 4692

Tire can not be outside the wheel well by more than two inches.
You can run an aftermarket fender but you can't cut the stock fender.
At least that is how it was explained to me.
:dunno:

From how i read it you cut cut fenders to clear larger tires. Must leave inner fenders alone. But i guess its how you read it...

I can cut it to clear my tire +2" right now it is less then 2" and only 1" in some locations, due to the inner fender and not allowed to cut it. So we are well within the rules with the current cutting, and I am told we might have to cut a bit more, and that too will be well within the rules.

they just are not allowing inner fender cutting, or blind excessive trimming.

Can't wait to see the grocery getters get some.

I dunno if you figured out something for the secondary latch yet, but I had to do the same for a local series:

4057214886_7c364234eb_z.jpg

4057214844_7fff67344c_z.jpg

Agreed that it's a dumb rule.

I'm concerned about bumping into the latch with your head or shoulder, or it being in a place where you can't reach it. I understand some of the desert racers use a seat belt, so you can push the button and release it. Not a bad idea.

yeah seat belts from the junk yard are a decent idea. we did the same style that vette shows for our rear hatch. but the doors we are not to yet. thats a game day decission lol...

Latch and link harnesses latches would be good, then you can have a long red pull tab that everyone can see if they need to get you out in a pinch.

-Alex

Latch and link harnesses latches would be good, then you can have a long red pull tab that everyone can see if they need to get you out in a pinch.

-Alex

not saying they wouldnt work, but how do they "see" it? There will be window nets and a tight confines of a XJ front with a 17" steering wheel and belts and door bar, and no door panels so cavities when whey do just reach inside.

the only real way to make it safe fully, would be to make a hole Other door handle both inside and out. but then you have to puch both at the same time type thing.

we got it covered though.

is the idea to have a secondary way to release the door, or a secondary latch to keep it shut? I'm confused :dunno:

is the idea to have a secondary way to release the door, or a secondary latch to keep it shut? I'm confused :dunno:

To keep it shut, thats one of the so called safety rules.

You would think all rigs would have the same secondary latch so everyone would know where and what to look for. That way in a roll over or fire it could be found easy.(I guess thats what the windows are for?).

looks great!

I am trying my hardest to make enough money no so I can go out to the race and watch all the XJ's get some!

seriously. me and cal had this discussion last weekend, this is just an overly complicated way of making sure you can't get out when all hell breaks loose. It makes NO sense whatsoever! (n)

Back