• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RWK Stock Class KOH EMC 4692

no.. At koh 12

Any pics of your steering setup? I'm looking at running a bent tie rod like you are. Did you make that or are you running a kit? Think you could run hydro assist on it if you had to?

We used a piece of 1.5" X .25"wall chromoly tube with a hyro tube bender. We broke the die 3 times in the bending of the first (of 3 total bends, 2 in TR and one in DL). We had to make the JD2 die better, by removing all old weld material and just welding it with a single pass 2 times, and doing a three pass weld on the die leg to die, and then finially it held.

I will see about a picture. I currently do have a hydro assist ram on it and works Good.

Holy crap, I wondered how hard bending that thick tube would be. That shit is crazy heavy. Would love to see a pic if you have one. I'm having clearance issues running a straight knuckle-to-knuckle tie rod and would rather not cut off all my axle brackets to solve the problem. Glad to hear the ram works well on there. Do you have the ram mounted to the top or inside of the tie rod? Just want to avoid any tie rod roll as much as possible.

Don't mean to clutter up your build thread, I can take this to PMs if you want. Great looking desert rig though.

Email address? Pm me that and I will email some pictures...

Just realized this picture sucked, but with the jeep in the garage I cant really get infront for a full picture. Maybe thursday I can get a better one when I pull it out.

Frontendram.jpg

Works for me man, thanks. I finally found that Iron Rock Offroad makes a bent tie rod with their steering kit, so they just sent me the rod. Welded on my current drag link and everything worked great. Got my full steering back.

About that ram, is it surplus center? I think I need one that's smaller diameter than the huge PSC ram.

Back