• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Phrases/Words that bother you. Opinions?

When someone speaks in the 3rd person about themselves. (has to be my #1 pet peeve)

I second the WHEEL and not RIM statement.

How about "friend" or "pal"?
as in, "Hey, pal, that is my seat.", or "Excuse me, friend, ..."

100% of the time that person is not and never will be my friend, nor my pal!

The use of sick to describe an inanimate object.
Example: "That is one sick Jeep" or "That movie was sick".

Basically any word popularized by MTV and/or reality TV.

I used to hate the word "Savage" as in "Dude this nissan engine is going to be savage!"

I also hate the expression "I know right?" My ex girlfriend spent a week in santa cruz and said it everytime someone said something she agreed with. It gets so annoying!

Or as previously mentioned, "Epic Fail" It so contradictory! "Epic" is something grand, once in a lifetime, heroic, like braveheart or something. Fail is the absolute worst thing that could happen. It doesn't make sense! and when people use it too much it's even worse! Spilling a soda is not an epic fail. Parking parallel on a hill while at your girlfriends house and not turning the wheels to the curb so your e-brake fails and your car goes rolling down a hill and smashes into an old lady's cadillac so they call your wife to come get the car and she finds out what you've been doing all along....now that's an epic fail.

And lastly, shortening words always makes me annoyed. Like "whatev" instead of "whatever" or "sav" instead of "Savage". I hate that.

Just my two cents LOL.

I don't know why, but the use of the term abortion on a half assed build/repair job annoys the hell out of me. Gotta agree on epic, hella, sick, TXTng, ect.

Parking parallel on a hill while at your girlfriends house and not turning the wheels to the curb so your e-brake fails and your car goes rolling down a hill and smashes into an old lady's cadillac so they call your wife to come get the car and she finds out what you've been doing all along....now that's an epic fail.

That's not just an epic fail, that'll be some damn good entertainment once the wife gets there!

"I don't give a rat's ass!" No wait I actually like that one. :worship:

IT PUTS THE LOTION IN THE BASKET, IT DOES WHAT ITS TOLD!!!!

When people say "I COULD care less" when they should say "I COULDN'T care less"
That really bugs me.
Also when people say deers or fishes.

Chill dawg, i gothca back, you just gotta pop that colla like a pimp yo... Holla atcha boi!!

ROFLMAO!!!! Ya'll foolz is off the hizzle fo shizzle... Why ya'll up in each others grills about this shit noin bein dope enuf for ya'lls english yappin society..

Ya'll need to just roll wid it and get off that dead horse...

The scary thing is that you do this really well. Like you've been doing it for YEARS....

Now THAT is bothersome.

Don be hatin bro, we'z all gods chillins...

It really bothers me when I see the word "prolly" typed out instead of "probably". Do some people really pronounce the word that way? Just my two cents.

The only thing that comes to mind is "good to go" or as on of my techs says, "G-2-G". I realize I'm an IT tech but that gets under my skin.

Back