• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Phrases/Words that bother you. Opinions?

when people call me boss....i have no idea why but it rubs me wrong badly

When I hear a politician or executive say 'Fact of the matter is', I know the boots need to come out of the closet and be put on cause the BS is about to flow.

Just so many examples, but off the top of my head...

• At this point and time - just say now :doh:
  • Irregardless - double negative of sorts; it's regardless
  • Perogative - Most people say it and write it incorrectly; it's prerogative
  • Using it's when it should be its
  • Using you and I and you and me incorrectly

Just so many examples, but off the top of my head...

• At this point and time - just say now :doh:
  • Irregardless - double negative of sorts; it's regardless
  • Perogative - Most people say it and write it incorrectly; it's prerogative
  • Using it's when it should be its
  • Using you and I and you and me incorrectly

Tom, you and me agree on you an I, regardless if irregardless is used; that is my perogative. At this point and time, its ok. I know my computer thinks its it's fault, but it is really your fault. That is my prerogative, so NOW, U deal wid it.

Everyone has some catch phrase that just burns you up. Mine depends on my mood, the company, and the context.

However, the one that consistantly pisses me off and will reduce the ambient temperature in the room by 50deg is...

"That's awful white of you"

When I hear a politician or executive say 'Fact of the matter is', I know the boots need to come out of the closet and be put on cause the BS is about to flow.
How about 'fundamentals'? Politicians seem to toss that word around quite a bit these days.
Does it even mean anything anymore, or do they just say it to convince the public they have a quick fix in hand?

Everyone has some catch phrase that just burns you up. Mine depends on my mood, the company, and the context.

However, the one that consistantly pisses me off and will reduce the ambient temperature in the room by 50deg is...

"That's awful white of you"

But you can't say "That's awful pink of you" it just doesn't sound right..:twak:

How about the kids that type " no one" as "noone" and wonder why people ask if they were home schooled?

"Fair enough?"--guaranteed I'll hang up/walk away, as you just became an obnoxious smarmy full-of-shite salesperson.

I can't stand it when people say "It is what it is" to me you're just a lazy P.O.S. who does not want to try to fix the situation that you got yourself into. So you're just going to throw your hands up and say it. Douche

Also when people do not use the correct your, you're etc.

Back