• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Ebay Lift, This looks scary

I just may buy something when my tax return comes in just to leave feedback. But then that's an awful expensive comment. Besides, I don't feel like him calling me. Although, maybe I could "countersue" for loss of minutes on my cell phone due to harassment and threats...

BlackSport96 said:
I just may buy something when my tax return comes in just to leave feedback. But then that's an awful expensive comment. Besides, I don't feel like him calling me. Although, maybe I could "countersue" for loss of minutes on my cell phone due to harassment and threats...

I would pay-pall you 5 bucks if we all chipped in then you can write an honest review of the suspension. When it fails he will have ZERO legal claims he can make. You can bad mouth how shitty it was. We could take it to a shop press and see how many pounds it takes to collapse the blocks. yA KNOW BE REALL SCIENTIFIC ABOUT IT AND PRESENT THE INFO AS A UNBIASED SAFETY concern. Nothing about cosmetics, nothing price, just whether it is a product fit for the road or not.

Plus as a customer ... if he was a dick like I said before you could file a class action law suit, supheona his customer files (find out if he had as many sales as he said he did, AND WHAT DEALERS really installed this kit) if he doesn't have these claimed customers, sue him for fraud.

If he was wise he would just stop selling them. I mean seriously how much time does he have invested in this? Why not throw in the towel and cut your losses billet dude.

red91inWA said:
I would call the local sheriffs dept and inform them that you received a call from this number and it was someone impersonating a officer of the law. ... This could be FUN. Roll with it.
I have to agree with the Jeepin' Rabbi. See what the Sheriff's Department thinks about his impersonation of a police officer....

I figured the more people he hears from the better..."
I thought your ad says this is a billet part...billet parts are machined from a solid piece. I hope you have good liability insurance for the lawsuits you're going to have coming your way when this junk starts to fall apart and you start getting sued"
Nothing libelous there... :paperwork everybody should write to him and ask him questions about this junk. He'll be so busy answering emails he won't have time to sell anything... :wierd:

Last edited:
Get his full name and address, Todd. If you're corresponding by phone, and he's calling you at home, get his real info. I'd be happy to find out anything I can about him (but posting it publicly in a hostile forum could be dicey).

This sounds similar to a situation a few years ago where a sleazy businessman sued customers for badmouthing his service on an internet message forum. Not just threatening, he filed a suit at the local courthouse. Since most folks don't have resources to hire lawyers in a distant state, a few people had to settle. One of the people he sued was a lawyer (oops), so that put a stop to things. By the way, never shop petswarehouse.com. ;)

Document everything. Keep every email exchanged, save screen images of this thread and any other postings, take detailed notes of every phone call, etc.

It's a shame people back away from posting negative feedback under threat of lawsuit. An accurate description of verifiable facts can't get anybody sued (successfully).

Beej said:
I have to agree with the Jeepin' Rabbi. See what the Sheriff's Department thinks about his impersonation of a police officer....

Well my question now becomes; what is he is a deputy sheriff? Is he allowed to call my house on personal time without a formal complaint being filed and say that he is calling about internet slander? When their off duty I know that they are not considered a "normal citizen" so if he is in fact a deputy, can he do what he did?

I am pissed about the recording of the phone call without my consent (if he really did), I would have hung up right then and there if I knew I was being taped. Especially with that being ILLEGAL in both FL and NH unless BOTH parties know (I of course, did not)

He claims that he sent me a lift, so I could demo it, and see if it could hold up. I'll take a lot of pics if I even see it, not sure if I even wanna drive the jeep with that installed though?

Todd

NHxj4x4 said:
Well my question now becomes; what is he is a deputy sheriff? Is he allowed to call my house on personal time without a formal complaint being filed and say that he is calling about internet slander? When their off duty I know that they are not considered a "normal citizen" so if he is in fact a deputy, can he do what he did?

Todd

Doesn't matter...he cannot use his position of authority to abuse, threaten, intimidate, or harrass you in anyway while off duty, and cannot bring his personal outside business roblems to you while on duty.

You know his name. I'm sure the top dog in your jurisdiction would be more than happy to talk with you. I'd spend the 15 minutes and call.

I bet you get ONE HELL of a response.

red91inWA said:
Doesn't matter...he cannot use his position of authority to abuse, threaten, intimidate, or harrass you in anyway while off duty, and cannot bring his personal outside business roblems to you while on duty.

You know his name. I'm sure the top dog in your jurisdiction would be more than happy to talk with you. I'd spend the 15 minutes and call.

I bet you get ONE HELL of a response.

Certainly something to think about, I'll sleep on it over the weekend. I'm not sure if the guy is enough of a tool to actually get him busted at his day job, when my problem is with his hobbie, although he did seemingly abuse the privalege. I doubt any superiors would be in right now anyway, 8pm on a friday and all. I know the Police Cheif in my town, I'll probably run this all by him as well.

Todd

So I did a little research on this “business” today. Here is what I found out through public records

First you need to know that in the stat of Florida most small business licenses are obtained through the county not the state. Unless of course the business you own is state regulated. IE. Roofers, doctors Etc.

Jerry’s or should I say his girlfriend Myrtie’s website domain is registered to a town in Putman County.

There is no business in Putman County or anywhere else on Florida by the name of Billet Lift. That I could find…. Ah but Jerry’s Father does have a business in Putnam County. Anyone want to venture a guess as to what this Business does??????

Fabrication and Transportation of Aluminum……..The Business license was either purchased or renewed on Feb 15th 2005. And is only good for 6 months..

Make me wonder who is making these products… really…

I love the internet……

JeepXJmike said:
So I did a little research on this “business” today. Here is what I found out through public records

First you need to know that in the stat of Florida most small business licenses are obtained through the county not the state. Unless of course the business you own is state regulated. IE. Roofers, doctors Etc.

Jerry’s or should I say his girlfriend Myrtie’s website domain is registered to a town in Putman County.

There is no business in Putman County or anywhere else on Florida by the name of Billet Lift. That I could find…. Ah but Jerry’s Father does have a business in Putnam County. Anyone want to venture a guess as to what this Business does??????

Fabrication and Transportation of Aluminum……..The Business license was either purchased or renewed on Feb 15th 2005. And is only good for 6 months..

Make me wonder who is making these products… really…

I love the internet……

I'll take Jerry's dad for $500 Alex. That would explain why get runs them in his Chevy, you made them himself, and probably made them pretty beefy (and not hollow.)

Good work dude.

Todd

Another new one:

His Responce:

We will continue to stand by our products. Again I must inform you that what you have done and are doing is illegal. The fact that you refuse to stop this defamation after you have been informed to stop proves criminal intent.

My responce:

The only intent that I have Jerry is informational, nothing that I am
doing is criminal, when are you going to let that go? It's not like I
am e-mailing all of the fools that are bidding on your auctions. Again
Jerry, if you stand by your product, post on the forum PROVE US WRONG
as I have said several times. It's not a dare, please don't take it
that way. It's the right thing to do, if you want to "stand by your
products" then do so, I'll continue to stand by my convictions as
well, and my convictions are that you are selling a dangerous product.
Who informed me to stop besides you? I have asked you to stop selling
a dangerous product; so let's come to a mutal agreement. You stop
selling something that puts lives in danger, makes fradualent claims,
and is not made by what you say it is made from, and I'll shut up.
I've posted NO personal infomation about you Jerry, nothing more than
what is on your public website (which has ZERO copyright info, or any
other legal warnings)

What is your responce to the links that I sent you, that completely
and totally dis-affirm your points of my "illegal" activity? They make
perfect sense to me. Also if you'll notice, my comments are not nearly
as rash as most, are you going to "sue" us all, maybe illegally (fact)
record our phone conversations?

Todd

I'm standing behind this, my tail is not going between my legs any time soon.

jeeppowermj said:
Quote from Jerry
"While we are being truthful....our business name is "Billet Lift" and we haven't sold a single item in two days. We are an Ebay gold member seller. This means we must average over $10,000 per month in sales. This makes you liable for approx. $600.00 per day in revenue for our losses from your false, unproven statements and it will continue to accumulate."

So this guy has the nerve to tell you that because everyone on here talkes about his unsafe product, he hasn't sold a SINGLE item. How many different vehicles does he sell these kits for? I'm sure that every single buyer for every single vehicle saw this and decided not to buy his crap. Plus $600 a day for a month is $18,000. I would be willing to make a bet that he doesen't make $18K a month on that junk.

He's sold $1800 worth of merch in the last month, which only qualifies him for Bronze powerseller status - also, you need 98% positive feedback to maintain powerseller status. He doesn't have a phone rep w/ ebay. He only needs a couple more negs before they revoke it.

As a gold Poweseller myself, I can tell you that no one gets the Gold selling $80 items. Do the math, he'd have to sell $2500 per week for three months straight to get there - then maintain it to stay there. That's over 30 of these a week. I list over 100 auctions a week and barely get there myself.

As for the slander or liabel - eBay determines what is considered derogatory feedback, and reprimands those who do it. Putting "junk" in a feedback review is not defamation of his character or company, only a review of a product that he sells.

The fact that he's "making" them, doesn't make it a personal slam - it only makes him legally liable from both the manufacturing and distribution aspects of the supply chain.

e.g. My Ford SUV has Firestone tires that explode, I die. My family sues Ford as the distributor and Firestone as the manufacturer. (This ought to hit home if he's reading)

You're already on the right track with the the legality of a phone recording, combating idle threats, etc.

I'd ask for his badge number or department, and get your buddy or a real attorney to type up a nice letter on legal stationary. Send it to his C.O., the machine shop and his "attorney".

Seems that's what he's up to on his end anyway. Attorney's don't e-mail people, they type letters and send them out so they can charge $100 per hour. At double or triple cost, If I had to sell three items to clear enough profit for my attorney to send out one letter for me, I'd go out of business in real short order.

$.02

Last edited:
I just jumed on the email bandwaggon.

Hi, just want to let you know your lift is extreamly
unsafe and collapses under the u-bolts being tightened
to the correct torque. As a mechanic I know that these
are not safe for on or off road use. Solid steel
blocks are used for a reason in all lift block
aplications. The drivetrain exerts so much force to
the blocks when accelerating from a stop and that
coupled with the weight of the vehicle hollow steel
blocks would collapse. I also found false statements
about having a support in the center, which according
to your pictures and buyers there is none. This is not
safe and I would recomend that you either build them
out of solid billet and inform past buyers of the risk
of the current hollow ones or stop selling them
altogether. I would also like to see a picture of
these same hollow blocks supporting a full size truck
like you have mentioned. Thank you for your time and
in advance for your retun email concerning the lift.

-David

PS. dont bother trying to threaten me about lawsuits
because I have a good friend who is a lawer and he
also ows me a favor.

I will post any future retun emails. I think everyone else should send and email if not to complain about the lift at least to inquire about it and overwhelm him with emails.

I just got another one-

His responce:

I would gladly listen to you if you have purchased or even seen on of our products. I don't understand what gives you the right to harass us and attempt to cause this emotional distress. I have requested on numerous occasions that you stop yet you continue.

Also what gives you the right solicit all of these other people to contact us with all of the vulgar statements? I'm starting to get the impression that you are just an attention hungry teenager that is craving attention.

My responce:

I'll skip the teenage comment all together. The last form of banter
that I wish to exchange with you is of a "my dog is bigger than your
dog" type.

I'm not harassing you either. You and I are having a conversation, you
have never asked me to stop e-mailing you. Cause you emotional stress?
Think what kind of stress would come when one of your products fail
and someone is hurt. I think it will be a tad more than the stress
that your feeling right now. Maybe consider my stress; being
threatened with lawsuits for slander, having you call my house, making
my wife worry sick for the hour before I returned cause you called as
a police officer calling about "Internet slander." Having my phone
conversation recorded without my legal consent. Think of all the
things that you have done throughout this Jerry, compare them to me
typing on a Jeep Forum, I would have to say that the above mentioned
things you have done would out weight me exercising my right of
freedom of speech.

Also I NEVER told people what to write in their e-mails. I merely
posted your PUBLIC e-mail address that you have on your website. Come
on Jerry, if the statements that they are making are vulgar, then I'm
sorry about that, I know you must have virgin ears, however they are
their own statements. I haven't seen any of them, nor conspired with
anyone off the forums to write you e-mails. For all I know other
people have taken the link to the conversations, and posted them on
their own forums. Anyway, don't blame me for what other people are
saying, cause these other people are just as concerned as I am. They
are true Jeepers, and know what a product should consist of. The vast
majority of us are also very safety conscious, which is why I believe
your product has sparked such a never, your tricking people that don't
know any better to buy an inferior product.

Anyway, typing this e-mail is completely futile anyway, your not man
enough to answer any of my real questions, nor are you man enough to
"stand by your products" as you so eloquently put it because I haven't
seen you try to post on the forums and (this statement is getting
redundant) PROVE US WRONG.

Good night.

Todd

Thanks to the guy that just posted about the eBay Bronze and Gold status, that's another lie that we have caught him in.

Todd

Cause you emotional stress ??? :rattle: :rattle: :rattle: :rattle:

BAAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAAAA This guy is a joke. I take back what i said before about my blood pressure couldn't handle this thread anymore. This guy is a real comic relief. What a tool. I think if i jumped really hard on that rear block it could dent, and eventually collapse. Please get him to atleast address why he doesn't use a solid billet block, then he could atleast have some sort of basis for calling his company billetwhatever. Its clearly a shameful cost cutting measure a few bucks of machined out aluminun for a human life. He sounds like a real stand up guy to me. :lecture:

Hey I think that what you are doing is great ...@ssholes like this one gives ebay and the internet a badname ...anyway I was thinking what will happen if I will mail the fools bidding on this crap with a link to this post?? will I get in any trouble??

Back