• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naxja Sierra chapter unofficial annual Reno May run

Lets arbitrarily pick CB channel 16. unless anyone has a better idea. Ill also have my cell.

we still need to do the Harlem shake. maybe while someone is wheeling something crazy in the background while we are all dancing.

I just want to hold a sign that says " will jeep for food".

Last edited:
Good stuff so far.... I couldn't of done the run tonight if it wasnt for Terrance bring me a aw4 from Roseville and helping me throw it in today... So far we ran bud tonight at 9pm... Had 5 rigs... I blew a bead off... And blondejon may have blown the front end... 3/5 rigs made it up the last waterfall unassisted... More in store tomorrow... And yes if you didn't show up feel bad...

Already pissed I couldn't make this run. With 4 days on the rubicon next weekend, I just couldn't justify another day off of work and the long drive to Reno for some wheeling. Enjoy fellas.

I think he broke it...
utyze8yd.jpg

Is it time to admit the dana 30 is not strong enough for 35"+ tires. Cryo'd r&p, full case locker, truss, sleeves and still a meth addict ring gear(missing a bunch of teeth)?

all the teeth. second run on this axle. I think it was a bad gear install maybe, or bad cryo job, but Im not gonna dwell, im gonna look into hp60 14bb about 12 months sooner than expected is what im gonna do...

ya i got towed home earlier, thanks gordon. I got back around 2pm. ive spend the day on CL looking for front 60s.

Here's my trip report, which does not include the Thu night run and Jon's D30 carnage since I wasn't there. But I met up with the guys on Friday.

We first did Dolores. Terrence got a door ding:
8542.jpg

can't even see it....
8544.jpg

Alan in ElJunky. Kudos for Terence who also walked this same line unnassisted with only running 32" tires.
8548.jpg

Then we headed over to Steve's Loop. Here's a couple photos that really do not do the trail or scenery any justice. Its an easy but incredibly fun and interesting trail.
8555.jpg

8560.jpg

Then we headed to Moon Rocks to meet up with Gordon and Mike for a campfire. Had a nice time.

more to come...

Next day blondejon and Terrence headed home but I met up with Gordon (favaguitar) his friend Mike and Robert (DrvOvrIt). We ran BillyBobs up and then down Twister.

Robert:
8569.jpg

Gordon:
8571.jpg

8577.jpg

plenty of flowers were in bloom
8581.jpg

8582.jpg

pick yer line:
8589.jpg

then coming down Twister:
8599.jpg

8604.jpg

8607.jpg

That's all I have. Alan might be taking them on a run tonight so hopefully they have fun. Hopefully all you guys that missed it this year can get your rigs done and show up next year. I guess that includes me... :wave:

did you happen to see any south american Dana 44's? ;)

Ive been searching for them. I still think you guys are messing with me. ill find one some day

Great last run tonight! Broke a window and snapped a 44 shaft! We went up this trail u found a year back that we named buster canyon... It's nasty if you don't bypass stuff like I did with 3wd! No pics of the xjs but got a truggy trying the big waterfall!
tu9u7ubu.jpg

wow nuts man. I didn't take any pics of the xj on the trailer, but I wish I did.

I got some pics from billy bob and twister from earlier in the day. I'll post them up probably tomorrow. Had an awesome time up there. Thanks a ton to Eric, Robert, and Alan for hanging out and showing us some really cool trails. Deffinately going to wheel in Reno again soon. It's was awesome to hangout at the campfire on Friday and see some new and old faces.

Here are a few pics from Steves Loop. My co-pilot, robert, took a bunch so I will post them up as soon as I have them.. Wanted to say thanks to the Reno folks for taking us out for some Awesome wheeling!! The 32s on my kids jeep really made the trails a challenge besides the fact that the trails changed some since running them last year on 33s open/open. The door now shuts properly after some adjustments with a BFH. no go on big dent. I popped it out by hand then shut the door and it popped right back in. I guess it will stay that way.
PyramidLake-20130517-00551_zpsf278d848.jpg

Top of Steves Loop
PyramidLake-20130517-00548_zpsf8a4bca9.jpg

The Crack
IMG-20130517-00549_zps8e06307a.jpg
PyramidLake-20130517-00550_zpsb6b9030b.jpg

Naxja Geocaching
PyramidLake-20130517-00547_zps16dc2329.jpg

Smile!!
PyramidLake-20130517-00535_zps745bb3f9.jpg

Heading up..

Back