• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naxja Sierra chapter unofficial annual Reno May run

Nice pics.

no go on big dent. I popped it out by hand then shut the door and it popped right back in. I guess it will stay that way.
That's where the chunk of wood comes to play. Cut it just the right size and wedge it down in there. It will pop the dent out and it should be low enough not to interfere with the window so you can leave it in there. Its worked for me in the past.

getting another R&P installed for 300$ total. ugh. That should get me by hopefully for a while. Maybe. Maybe the cryod gears where too brittle ?
I am looking for ford and dodge HP 60s at the moment. I either want a dodge 60 under 300$, found one but guy wont call, or a ford under 800$ ( ball joint 60s for this price) especially since the ford should already have 35 spline in many cases.

There's a ford 60 in sonora on craigslist for $900, might be with looking at? Worst time of the year for carnage, almost have to throw money at inferior parts to avoid missing camping and wheeling trips.

There's a ford 60 in sonora on craigslist for $900, might be with looking at? Worst time of the year for carnage, almost have to throw money at inferior parts to avoid missing camping and wheeling trips.

well thats what it is right there. I dont want to dump 300$ into the at all, but right now the 300$ gets me wheeling again. I wish it happened in october then I could care less. So yah to get it up and going asap, some new gears, then from there ill start collecting parts, locker , housing, steering, coil buckets, etc from Ruffstuff and craigslist. I am thinking 35 spline front lunchbox and go with a 35 spline housing, and shorten it down to 62-64" wide.

I saw that one, Ive found em for the same price locally. I have some time , so Im going to wait until I can get one for like 600-700. Ive seen the BJ ford hp60s go as low as 700$ OBO in the central valley in the past.

Here is my rundown of the weekend. We showed up friday evening while everyone was out on steves loop. We hung around a bit at moonrocks and had a pretty chill camp fire with all the guys after they finished their run. Since John blew up is 30 thursday and was pissed at his jeep the sac guys headed back on sat morning. Thankfully Eric volunteered to hang and show us some really cool trails. So we met sat morning and grabbed robert and headed up to billybob. Here are a few pics of that.

sepy4a2a.jpg

5etejeta.jpg

4adaza6e.jpg

6uputy2e.jpg

hajabehe.jpg

You could always look for a whole truck, my brother in law bought a 90's f350 with a kingpin 60 for $1000 because it had $2000 in back DMV fees. He drove it home, sold the engine, tranny, and tcase for $500 and the rest of the truck to pick n pull for $400. New axles for $100.

Then once at the top of billybob we headed to the top of the hill and have lunch. Awesome views from the top, of which I have no pictures. So after we headed down twister. Here are a few pics of that.

jytyga6a.jpg

a2avu2a6.jpg

pazu6ehe.jpg

Sat evening I went out with Alan and his crew. Night wheeling was certainly a new experience. I got to watch alan blow out his window and blow a rear 44 shaft. Also got to watch roberts cousin-in-law try a seriously insane waterfall. Overall it was an absolute blast. Wish I could have been there earlier and gotten some more wheeling in with the group but I am definitely looking forward to the next chance to head up to reno.

You could always look for a whole truck, my brother in law bought a 90's f350 with a kingpin 60 for $1000 because it had $2000 in back DMV fees. He drove it home, sold the engine, tranny, and tcase for $500 and the rest of the truck to pick n pull for $400. New axles for $100.

yah thats one of the ideas im throwing around, I just cant fit a fullsize in my garage to part it out, so id have to find someones house locally to part it at? any takers?

I still need to run twister.
And I want to do Bud asap once I get the 30 back together, maybe a day run on it?
and some of these new trails I keep hearing about from Allen.
I have 3 AAA tows left, and I now know what a blown 4.88 sounds like , so next time ill stop and remove the broken teeth instead of driving with a handful of broken teeth . Maybe I coulda limped it to seans a little easier.

edit:
just got a guy to respond off CL for 300$ for front dodge 2001 diesel 60 and a rear dana 70. I think that might be the way to go.

Last edited:
OK thanks I might have to . WFO wont even work on a dodge 60.

I found some f350s on CL for 1200$ obo. I think a 1000$ F350 , part out the rest, and try to get the front end for free is the way to go. I think ill be using your side yard.

thanks, yah after talking to trevor at WFO he wont even touch a dodge 60, only the Ford hp, since ill probably be using them to narrow and re spline it.

Jon, what are your front suspension plans with the 60? Ball joint ford 60s are pretty interesting to work with due to a lack of axle tube on the drivers side of the pumpkin. That could pose a challenge as far as link and coil mounting goes. Just making sure you're aware of that.

Ya ive already been considering going to a 3 link if I do so. Probably dump the tnt y link , and grab some 2x2 square tube and the clayton 3 link x member for ease of install . Then ill build a truss into a pass side uca mount.
thats all hypothetical. I am looking for 60s with more tube on driver side, cant remember waht years...

Ya ive already been considering going to a 3 link if I do so. Probably dump the tnt y link , and grab some 2x2 square tube and the clayton 3 link x member for ease of install . Then ill build a truss into a pass side uca mount.
thats all hypothetical. I am looking for 60s with more tube on driver side, cant remember waht years...

Late 70's if you can find one...

Late 70's if you can find one...

well yah thats a given, I meant anything after that. Everyone knows the coveted 77-79 KP ford 60. they also like never sell for less than 1500.
80s and 90s ball joint 60s are in the 700-1000 range and way easier to find. I think trevor at WFO said 91-97 or something is a good year range for whatever reason.

I am now thinking 14b C&C for the rear so I dont have to narrow a 70, and a hp60 from a ford, ball joints to be cheaper, and narrow that on pass side 4".

Back