• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naxja Sierra chapter unofficial annual Reno May run

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Yah itll be here before you know, like one day youre 19 and then all of a sudden youre 29 with a desk job. thats how the reno May run will come. itll seem like forever until May, then, all of a sudden, its may 5th, and your junk isnt ready, and you cant eat certain food because they give you heart burn now. so plan ahead. now.

Lets pick some dates, I prefer a thursday night head up after work from sacto sorta thing and come back sunday. that way I can head out of work early on thursday. of course if im living in the bay, that could suck. bad.

Im sure since its dirt dirt cheap we can probably get rooms at circus circus again for like 25$ a night or something like that. just an idea. Or setup a tent in Joes backyard.

Im thinking 16th thru 19th or the 23rd thru 26th, leaving the last weekend of the month out of the picture since ill probably be out wheeling with the fam damily.

whatchu think? oh, I also recieved a messenger pigeon the other day that relayed that david hasslehoff might be heading up and that he might also be wheeling in on a TJ instead of a unicorn because he wanted to be as gay as possible and the unicorn wasnt cutting it anymore... the messenger pigeon took the amtrak since his GPS was dead in his car.

sorry TJ guys, just felt like giving you a hard time. Deep down inside, when youre wheeling your new pretty TJ real hard, your probably pretending in your head its your old XJ.

Last edited:
oh, I also recieved a messenger pigeon the other day that relayed that david hasslehoff might be heading up and that he might also be wheeling in on a TJ instead of a unicorn because he wanted to be as gay as possible and the unicorn wasnt cutting it anymore...

HAHAHA!! I will probly go on this run. I need for sure dates asap though.

I'd say for myself, the weekend of the 16-19 would work best. The 23-26th is the weekend before finals for me.

But don't plan this trip around me. There's a huge possibility that I won't be able to make it anyway.

So allen and eric is the weekend of 5/16 - 5/19 good for you? like a thursday night run , probably wont get anyone up during the days thurs the 16th, probably all after work on thursday night and drive straight to Bud canyon.

Maybe I missed it, where is "the Reno run"?

I knew some a-hole would say Reno! You Sierra guys are such jerks.

I knew some a-hole would say Reno! You Sierra guys are such jerks.

Not being an a-hole. They are all literally in ,or right outside, reno. Like we literally drive through housing complexes to get to most trails. We usually stay at a cheap hotel like circus circus because its like 30$ a night or less. I guess we could consider posting actual times and dates perhaps when it gets closer. itll probably be something like:
bud canyon- thurs night.
Dolores and billybob- day runs friday tonka-night run friday
moon rocks and some other trail saturday, prolly a saturday night run -
whatever is left sunday or just go home that day

Last edited:
ya we can have alot more of a focus on friday thru sunday if peeps cant come up on thursday. that works too.

I have thurs fri off... Ill take a sat off but can't do a Sunday cuz I have it off for Fordyce Memorial Day weekend...

So who else is going? Sounds like josh, allen, and I ?

BTW whats going on at fordyce on memorial day, i want to go

Should I fly down and beg for rides (again), or should I drive my Jeep and wheel?

Should I fly down and beg for rides (again), or should I drive my Jeep and wheel?

Jeep and wheel dude, i didn't take my jeep last year and regretted it. Jon let me drive his quite a bit which made the trip way better but i don't think i'd go again without having a rig. Reno trails are to fun not to.

I can't committ to this run now as i'll be at the yerrington dezert race the weekend of 5/26 and i don't know what status my crawler will be in but i'll try my darndest to make it if you do the earlier run.

I said i
Down just need solid dates.

Back