• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naxja Sierra chapter unofficial annual Reno May run

well yah thats a given, I meant anything after that. Everyone knows the coveted 77-79 KP ford 60. they also like never sell for less than 1500.
80s and 90s ball joint 60s are in the 700-1000 range and way easier to find. I think trevor at WFO said 91-97 or something is a good year range for whatever reason.

I am now thinking 14b C&C for the rear so I dont have to narrow a 70, and a hp60 from a ford, ball joints to be cheaper, and narrow that on pass side 4".

Anything newer than mid 90's the center section will be offset to much drivers side to put a coil bucket on it...

ok thats good to know. I didnt know that part

Anything newer than mid 90's the center section will be offset to much drivers side to put a coil bucket on it...

95.5 was when they switched I believe.

ok awesome. thanks guys. thats huge help. ill get the 30 together to wheel for a while and ill be hunting for a ford hp60 with 35 spline inners and a C&C 14 bolt. It looks like I can set the 14b gears myself after reading billavistas thread on pirate.

2013-05-20T16-13-32_0_zps71f51640.jpg
Here are a few more from the iPhone.
Great start to a wheeling trip. learned a few things too. drain tranny before transporting, NSSs are easy to remove and if the wires are different, just swap the whole thing. test fit TC before filling with fluid, and get Unibody stifferners!! The underbelly of Alan's rig is Ugly!! jk
2013-05-20b_zpsb18d439e.jpg

Best night shot i think. Thats Robs rig
2013-05-20T16-13-32_17_zpse7188f5c.jpg
2013-05-20T16-13-32_20_zps378474b1.jpg

Alan making short work of the waterfall at Bud.
2013-05-20T16-13-32_27_zpse3258a81.jpg

Jon on the falls right before that nasty grinding noise!!
2013-05-21T09-54-17_1_zpsada15226.jpg

Not what we wanted to see at 2AM in the morning..

Really? it looks fine to me. maybe you are upside down looking at it. i had issues pulling the pics off Skydrive, resizing them then uploading them to photobucket. The pics were flipping by them selves.. IDK.. i will try and post a few more.

for a short run fix im looking at a ford hp44 thats built pretty well, if I get it for the right price, after parting out my 30, i would pay less to put the ford axle under the jeep than I would for new gears, master install, and gear install labor so it might be a nice temporary axle until I can build a ford hp60. If it lasts until winter maybe go RCVs for christmas for myself and buy more time on a legit 60 build.

On pirate there's a built hp44 for sale in auburn I believe. Not sure what price range you're in though.

thats the one I am looking at actually. its already setup for a 3 link and coilovers.

im buying it and parting the 30. then ill start building a 60...

Is it really that hard to press enter after each pic people so we can scroll down in-lieu of sideways?

NICE jon glad to hear your getting the rig going for the season.

ill be going to ruffstuff on saturday to grab Steeting/trackbar stuff, coil buckets, shock mounts, and other odds and ends. Honestly I think the 44 on 36s will last a long time. This will give me time to build a 14 bolt rear, shaved with discs and stuff so I can sell the hi9 rear and start building a 60 front. try to have this axle under the rig within a week or two of afterwork mocking and welding . Not planning on turning the knuckles due to being HP, but I will set caster to like 5-10* so itll always track nice and straight.

Back