• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet-N-Greet(10-16) Old Stage run (10-17)

I'm building two and you got dibs on the second one.

It's gonna be awesone too!!

When you figure out a price, lemme know asap so I can start saving up ;)

You're da bomb Frank! :worship:

Not a lot of carnage from the group in general. The twisted drive shaft was the worst - he was trying an aggressive line on the "lower" half of Saran at the top and got to bouncing a bit - I'm fairly certain he simply tapped the driveshaft causing a dimple and then it failed. That's all it takes.

Jimgrms wheeled the SNOT outta his rig and it did great as usual. That OME lift works very well for being just a 2" kit. :thumbup: On the last stretch of Eagle Rock, jim was probably still reeling from one if his epic farts and failed to see a sizeable stack of large rocks...... drove right over the middle of 'em and the largest rock rolled under the axle, then got tied up between the exhaust header and front driveshaft. Going forward just rolled the rock into the t-case skid, backing up just put nasty pressure on the header and drive shaft. Some patience, rock stacking in steps as he moved eventually got him freed up. I believe he may have damaged the front O2 sensor and definitely put a 2" dimple in the curve of the exhaust pipe just aft of the collector. His rock rails got a work out as well, but that's what they're for. :thumbup:

I lost a Bushwhacker from my already buggared up fender - it had been damaged from the accident a few weeks back so no biggie - I just took it off and went on...... but dayum - that trim job behind the flare...... ugh. I also was trying to figure out why the new leaf packs seemed to suddenly stop their up-travel very suddenly on bumps and flexing. They were nowhere near the bump stops..... later I'd find that the lower shackle bolts were actually hitting the rear bumper brackets - hard. :twak: Guess I shoulda put them in the other way........ :dunce:

gsxrx4life almost had a roof rail bending, rear quarter glass shattering, tail light breaking tragedy against a tree. He smartly stopped just in time and awaited help pushing the body away from the tree. :thumbup:

And the fawkin' road dust! Jeezus. It sucked to be everyone but the first rig in line lemme tell ya. That crap got into everything. Gonna be a fun clean up........ :rolleyes:

But a great day in all!

Screw the dust. The washboard is what sucked!
I managed to knock off a lil paint- still struggling with turning radious of that thing in 4low

j-9 zith Jim and hurley were all wheelin the crap outta there rigs. Was awesome to see what different set ups would do

biggest suprise for me was between Jim on the load road and hurley on the optional line at the rock pond. :thumbup:

thanks to led for being the neverfailing spotter. That's an I teresting duty he tackled with some of us.

And thanks for everyone for coming. Was a great way to spend so e awesome weather!!

Definitely was an AWESOME trip. After this trip i've come to realize, my SliderZ by FrankZ (pics to come ASAP), and the front diff Armor I got from Troy, have been THE BEST investments i've made so far on the XJ. Pics may take longer than expected however. Rachel snapped 421 pics (first time out with her new Camera, so she was snap happy), so it may take me awhile to sort through them and get them uploaded.

I was gonna ask.....

Those that never ran it before:

what did you think of those trails....

vs each other?

vs other trails you have run?

Eagle Rock is a real good trail - lots of stuff to keep a rock crawler entertained.

Saran Wrap is just ok - I'm not a fan of the twisty/ruts and off camber driving. The Lower Road was the only interesting part for me. That trail tore the keerap outta my front fenders....... :D

I was gonna ask.....

Those that never ran it before:

what did you think of those trails....

vs each other?

vs other trails you have run?

To me, it seemed like the obstacles on Eagle Rock were more technical. So if you are a pretty decent driver and have a good spotter, then you can tackle them fairly well. Saran Wrap on the other hand, seemed less technical, but was a little bit tougher for me (Tire size and ground clearance had alot to do with that). Like I said before, Plenty of Armor were key for me with both trails.

While I wait for the rest of the pics to upload, here are the Slider pics for Frank:

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

They got broken in properly today!

think i killed my o2 sensor when i parked on the big rock also a dent in the exaust down pipe
i am assuming the vato parts store have good ones as napa is closed sundays guess i will wash the heep and get under it and tighten stuff up

a few things about the trails Sarad wrap i just a washed out rutted semi rocky trairated at a 6 and altho tippyy. and in a few places to me scary it was fun
Eagle rock was a beyatch and a few time i had almost decided to just go ahead and diei can't imagine how or why some one made a trail up ther except to tear chit up whoever cut that trail owns a 4 wheel parts store in colorado ( Troy) was fun but i need more mods before i go there again

jimgrms said:
Eagle rock was a beyatch and a few time i had almost decided to just go ahead and die.
LMAO Jim! There were a few times on that trail I thought I'd put a dent in her pretty station wagon; same result though. I went real slow and lived to wheel another day. :D

Back