• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JV run

mattyj said:
anyways.. the main purpose of the thread was to find a few similar built rigs to run with... Trying to keep a small group so we can run at a decent pace. And the build criteria was not to make anyone feel inferior but to point out that if your shit isnt built right... it will break. Then the whole day turns into recovery instread of wheelin.... sure it goes hand in hand sometime, but wheelin is way more fun!

for those that missed my post the first time.......:rattle:

Everybody on here posts up about all sorts of stuff.... i dont see why some people get offended or upset at the fact of needing to be built a certain way to qualify for a run.

At every jeep event ive been to there are easy, moderate & hard trails to be run. And so different groups are formed..... the thing that generally seperates the easy run from the hard run is rigs with more shit done to them!!

We were advertising for a harder style run... therefor certain items were required... lockers, alloys, good u joints & a specific tire size....

:wave1:

DAMN... beat me to it Rick!

Jump This said:
It works for me....

Kyung, can you make it?
Not sure yet. Not ruling it out, but don't count on it.

Jump This said:
(besides loaning you my rig!)

Eh, your rig aint all its cracked up to be Rick :shhh:

Though on a serious note. The SoCal chapter is soooo active. I dont and wont go on 99% of the runs just cuz.. well I dont own a jeep :D The 1% I do is the harder stuff cuz well... the rigs I borrow are badass!

So I do wish I would do big bear, azusa, etc... but I probably never will. So JV is really the only local place for us types. Not all can do it, but those of us that can are going to talk about it! :fuse:

Jump This said:
Sorry...

:D
No way...the day would come when you would apologize.....

hahahahaha, seriously guys...do not take it to heart, these guys want to run a hard trail, and if you do not have the right equipment, it will not be a run, it will be a evening of fixing broken rigs....

Shoot, I see nothing wring with that....carry on!

bburge said:
I think Rick's rig is only _really_ a buggy on the back end, making it a sort of "butt-buggy". :eyes:

bburge

Now that is some funny shit!! :laugh:

Accurate, too.

I can't believe I read this whole friggin' thread........ :confused1

Equipment rules can be made for any run and should be, My only point is that a XJ rig with 33's locked with all the goodies and properly maintained with a "winch" can go most of the places we go without taking up to much of the big boys time gettin through. My group this weekend requires Maintained,locked,spare and a winch as well as safty gear,thats it. Lets just get along and continue to wheel.......SANTA

4xSanta said:
Equipment rules can be made for any run and should be, My only point is that a XJ rig with 33's locked with all the goodies and properly maintained with a "winch" can go most of the places we go without taking up to much of the big boys time gettin through. My group this weekend requires Maintained,locked,spare and a winch as well as safty gear,thats it. Lets just get along and continue to wheel.......SANTA

Listen to Santa guys...remember, he knows if you are naughty or nice!

I'd be happy to go with you guys, but this weekend I'm going to Las Vegas with my wife, and the last weekend of the month we're doing a wheeling trip to SW Utah.

BTW, is it possible to have a thread about a JV run in this forum that doesn't have either Clawhammer or Sledgehammer mentioned in it?? :moon:

:D :D

I totally agree with you Rick and Matty. Anyone running JV at night should be well prepared and have a capable rig. It's nothing personal. Like Scrappy mentioned, you could be on the trail til 8am if you break something.

In a run like this, you better have spare parts and tools. AND, you better know how to replace an axle, especially on the trail at night. AND not complain about it.

Anywho.. All this talk about JV makes me want to chop up and tube one of my rigs..... :D

E

mattyj said:
optimism buddy optimism!!
I'm always an optimist! But I'm also a realist.

Goatman said:
I'd be happy to go with you guys, but this weekend I'm going to Las Vegas with my wife, and the last weekend of the month we're doing a wheeling trip to SW Utah.

BTW, is it possible to have a thread about a JV run in this forum that doesn't have either Clawhammer or Sledgehammer mentioned in it?? :moon:

How about Outer Limits and Hwy 20 then?
I'm not going to mention Back Door....although.....I guess I do own a Butt Buggy now....

:D

Goatman said:

:D :D

Wait.... 23-26 or the weekend after!? I think I almost gave Ron a heart attack last night when I told him I thought it was the 23rd... that leaves me 7 days.:gee:

Back