• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

It seems pretty good quality for being polymer. ( not a polymer fan). but it's a bit thinner and easier/comfortable to grip than a glock. stripping it down it's almost identical to a glock as well. plus with the stupid low price tag it's not a bad piece overall. hoping to get a ccw rounds through it and see how i like the sights. totally different style but seems like it will be good for quick acquisition of target.

Well I've shot older kahr's and they were pure junk. and they used to run almost a grand. now they are at the 400 mark. the newer ones I've shot seemed smoother than the glock.
plus i don't want.to tear up my cz. i wanted something i can carry that i don't care if it gets scraped up or anything. so long as it goes bang when i pull the trigger.

Spent some B-day monies at the Tanner gun show today.........:thumbup:

-Pair of Magpul 30rnd AR-15 mags and coupler for my AR
-One original 30rnd mag and a synthetic 30rnd mag for my AK
-500 rnds of Wolf 7.62 ammo and ammo can
-Tactical furniture for my 870 (pistol grip folding stock, shell holder, heat shield)

gunstuff.jpg

You should trade me that 870 for my Mossberg 500. There is a sweet bullpup conversion out there for them. :D

I remember someone talking about Rock Island's 1911s a little while ago. First off, I know very little about 1911s though I am learning. I have been doing some research and it looks like most 1911s have the feed ramp on the barrel with a small amount on the frame while the RIAs have them entirely on the frame.

Am I right in thinking that putting another barrel on a RIA frame would not be possible?

Is one feed ramp set up going to be superior to another?

Does RIA make match barrels? I haven't been able to find them.

Aside from the feed ramp, it seems the RIAs are quite up to snuff with the characteristics of any normal GI 1911. Backstrap safety, thumb safety, normal barrel bushing, etc.

Sounds like the RIA is old school. In order to fit a newer match barrel you would have to the feed ramp machined into the frame matching that new barrel. Alternatively, if it is feeding well, a well fit match bushing on the front can increase accuracy exponentially.

Lots of aftermarket barrels will work too.

Look at the Su16CA, you can run standard AR muzzle devices there.

Also the SU-16C allows firing from a folded state if you care.

I'd like to bump into a cheap SU-16CA, would make a nice plinking gun. I cna't do the C here due to minimum overall length limitations (California measures in the shortest fireable state).

After taking care of some work, I got spend a little time at Dragon Man's today.

I won't be going back there on a weekend anytime soon. Crowded and a few tools to boot.

Finally got a chance to send a few rounds down range with my new S&W. A great weapon and even though the barrel is short it didn't bounce around as much as I though it was going to. Accuracy was pretty good at 25' but I would have liked to have had a shorter distance for getting used to it.

The "Extended" 8 round magazine is a huge benefit to keeping things under control. The shorter 7 round mag had me feeling less in control and like I was missing something. Will be ordering another extended mag soon enough.

Took the long way home and passed through Fountain....did a little cold water rafting. Tipped the boat on it's side...lost my gun.

Damn boating accidents.:rattle:

I got to spend a little time at the M Lazy C Ranch in Lake George for some 3-gun competition fun. It was my first time down there, and first time shooting a 3-gun event. Man it's a ton of fun. Too rich for my blood though to have a competitive complement of equipment.

Frank, I've been wanting a Shield for a while now. I finally gave up and ordered a Walther PPS for a new carry piece. A very worthy alternative that I could get much quicker. I'm excited to get it and take it for a spin to see how it handles.

anyone interest in doing a trade. savage arms .308 110l rifle for another riffle. built 12 guage or side arm i can conceal carry.

I can't believe I never saw this before, its absolutely awesome.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/su-16a/

Folding stock, piston operated, uses standard AR mags, can hold a spare 30rnd in the stock. I totally want one.

I have heard so many mixed feelings about the kel tec stuff. Some love them some hate them. I am still thinking of a SU-16C but can never find them in stock anywhere, if you do, people raise the price above MSRP simply because finding them is so hard.

Kel Tec doesn't produce fast enough so they create this demand, on purpose or not it is a bad practice. If I am going to spend above $600 I am going to build another AR.

Been searching off and on for a KSG (shotgun) but so hard to find one in stock and not overly priced.

Back