• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico March 14 ~16

FordGuy said:
Alright, talked the wife into going, I was wondering if I would be able to leave my Jeep in the campground, as I am going to stay at the hotel Saturday night and will have my truck and trailer?
If you want to park the XJ in front of the bunkhouse that will not be a problem.. unless everyone and their brother decides to park their XJ's there ;)

FordGuy said:
Alright, talked the wife into going, I was wondering if I would be able to leave my Jeep in the campground, as I am going to stay at the hotel Saturday night and will have my truck and trailer?

You coming out...shoot, I may have to go myself!

So anyone heading up friday I can meet up with? Never been there before, so a caravan of some sort would be comforting. I'm leaving from san diego, aka Mexico, sometime friday...nothing set in stone, but was planning around 10am'ish. If anyone is planning on heading up Friday that doesn't mind me tagging along, holler (my departure time can be adjusted accordingly).

Michael

SanDiegoXJ said:
So anyone heading up friday I can meet up with? Never been there before, so a caravan of some sort would be comforting. I'm leaving from san diego, aka Mexico, sometime friday...nothing set in stone, but was planning around 10am'ish. If anyone is planning on heading up Friday that doesn't mind me tagging along, holler (my departure time can be adjusted accordingly).

Michael

Head straight up the 15 North, can't miss the exit. Calico Ghost Town, Ghost Town Road:

Calico is located 10 miles north of Barstow, Exit I-15 at Ghost Town Rd.

http://www.calicotown.com/mapweather/

SanDiegoXJ said:

Michael
I am leaving from El Cajon @ 4:00pm towing my junk behind the excursion, if you want to wait that late i will caravan.

since couple folks have pm'd me with questions I"ll post couple quick notes regarding Calico run:

1. It's unofficial: this means that we are going to play it by ear. First day (Sat) we'll probably run Odessa and Doran, second day.. not sure yet. It all depends on who all shows up and what their rigs are capable of and what they want to try ;)

2. Food... extremely important topic ;) You're on your own in that department. We will have a big fire going both nights (there is a big fire ring setup in front of the bunk house) so you can throw your stuff on the grill.

3. Firewood: I"ll bring some, but is anyone else planning to bring any? Might get chilly at night so firewood is a plus :D We usually hang out till about 1 or 2 AM around the fire.

I think that about cover everything.

unfortunately, Lion's memorial services will be held on March 15 at 2:00PM which conflicts with wheeling on Saturday. I really want to go to his services but then again Lion would want us to wheel. so im undecided right now. We should hold memorial for Lion on the trail

djblade311 said:
unfortunately, Lion's memorial services will be held on March 15 at 2:00PM which conflicts with wheeling on Saturday. I really want to go to his services but then again Lion would want us to wheel. so im undecided right now. We should hold memorial for Lion on the trail
I was thinking about that.. what someone said before about having a trail ride with little lion mascott's might be in order. I will be picking one up before the event.

Kejtar said:
I was thinking about that.. what someone said before about having a trail ride with little lion mascott's might be in order. I will be picking one up before the event.

I like the idea of the memorial ride wiht a stop for a moment of thought/silence...

Was his mascot one of the Lion King stuffed animals? I can't remember

rpraterxj said:
I like the idea of the memorial ride wiht a stop for a moment of thought/silence...

Was his mascot one of the Lion King stuffed animals? I can't remember

he's gone through a couple. The original was just a regular stuffed lion but his latest was the Lion King:

standard.jpg

Kejtar said:
I just picked one up with magnetic paws to have him sittingv on the hood during the trail ride.

Where did you buy it?

JohnX said:
I'll have wood!!!!!!

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:
you pervert!!!!!

Here's another thought: you geocache folks... how about gettijng a geocache going there with a lion or two inside in memory of Lion?

djblade311 said:
You should do the trail memorial at 2pm in conjunction with the local service that would be a nice touch

Is anyone going to Calico that might live by me in N. County (SD)? Say ~ Escondido/Poway/Rancho Bernardo.

Or at least drive by me on there way home/work/etc?

Back