• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage construction

let me start by saying you do amazing work, aren't you worried about burning yourself on that radiator line you have going next to the seat though?

photobucket-2892-1314541910757.jpg

Removing the dash was not on the build sheet for this year (a project for next summer.) All I wanted to do was make enough room for the radiator return line, and this is what happened. Now to chase down and get rid of all the extra wire I don't need anymore.
Any good threads on the subject?

photobucket-3307-1314827549554.jpg

Finishing up some of the work on the front end. Support for the upper shock mounts and some plate work to protect the steering cooler.
I spend a little time each morning on the wire and its turning out okay.
Most everything is just roughed in. Tomorrow morning I'll start welding again.

2011-09-12_07-06-58_452.jpg

Time and money dictated that I'd need to cut back on costs someplace.
Since replacing the dash wasn't planned until next season, I decided to reuse the stock instrument panel. Plug and play.
Notice that that section of the dash is seperate from the passenger side.
I'll run most of the switches on the right hand side so I won't need to redo all that work when I replace the panel with gauges next summer.
I'll also run some rubber trim around the panel for that finished look!

i hope your glare shield will be flat in finish or it will be worse than not seeing the guages due to glare!

Back