• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage construction

This should be good :popcorn:

Are we done yet?

popcorn.gif

The axle has been located under the rig. Wheel base of 105".
Now its shock mounts while I wait for Branik to build the control arms.
This should be at full stuff.
dscn3079.jpg

This is how the axle should sit at full stuff. PVC was only to keep the wheels straight (although it would be lightweight!)
dscn3078.jpg

Upper shock mounts. I need to get the axle off of the rolling jack stands.
I was wondering why the numbers started changing....the damn stands would move every time I lowered or raised to Jeep for welding. There will be vertical supports on either side of the shock.
dscn3082.jpg

Crossmember.jpg

This is what I need. Anyone know who might be able to fab up another one?
What I had decided to do is have my front lowers the same length as the back lower control arms so I'd only need one spare (36" eye to eye.)
What that ends up doing is having the mounts equal with the stock cross member. Although I have already built a strong, flat belly, cross member, there is no protection for the t-case or tranny (yet.)
If I can find something like this all I'd need to do is add the control arm mounts and it would be done.

Make it yourself. That is quite simple to fab.

Make it yourself. That is quite simple to fab.

I'm definitely into building things myself, but if you think that is a 'simple' build job, I'd have to guess you have never done anything like it before.
Think about bending 3/16" plate (or 1/4".)
Even cutting plate that thick, and leaving a clean line, is difficult without proper equipment.
If anything like it is available already built it would save me a full week of fab work.

Week? please.

Afternoon maybe.

Troy can do that for you.

'temporary solution' should be the name of your rig

! :D !

Back