• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage construction

Finally finished the four link and shock mounts.
Also managed to build the radiator and gas tank mounts.
dscn1638.jpg

dscn1636.jpg

dscn1635.jpg

looking good rick, but now it just means you dont need to learn to drive :laugh3:

beautiful

Since it has been kinda' quiet in the AdFab section I guess I can post up some updates. Just remember, after I finish a section or part of the project
I have been taking it back apart and setting it aside (lots of welding smagma going on)

The rear 60. These brackets should hold up.
dscn1701.jpg

Double shear upper shock mounts are done.
dscn1703.jpg

Stainless panels are done (the munge on the panel is a protective coating.)
dscn1705.jpg

Some more bracing was done (wish I would have incorporated these bars before finishing the rear hoop.)
dscn1707.jpg

Since I had some extra stainless I built the gas tank straps out of it too. The seat mounts are done and the Atlas is installed.
The front 60 is being cut down and brackets mounted now (Troy is handling that.) I'm hoping that I can pick up most of the front axle parts as well as steering components at the KOH race next week.

The only thing I was able to buy at KOH was the winch.
Built a nasty mount for it yesterday and installed it today.
I can lift the jeep off the ground with it (I think....)

I was also hoping to install the rear axle this weekend, then realized that
we had to clearance the brand new bearings to use as set up bearings.
I went to MIT to pick up another master rebuild kit, and they didn't stock them. To buy all the bearings and shims seperate was going to cost over $200
I did pick up a few items while I was there. I guess I'll just order another master kit tomorrow.
Maybe by next weekend I'll get the rear axle installed.
Troy will have the front axle finished by Thursday.
Its getting closer and closer....

Back