• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

at05gt Introduction

My Tire guy put them at 35 psi, and it makes the tires feel really stiff on the road, im gonna try 30 and drive it around. Also its pulling hard to the right I need to adjust and tighten my drag link and trackbar again, and check my Toe.

Last edited:
I run my 40s at 22psi on the freeway.
I run my 33s on my MJ at about 26 psi.

Anybody got a welder I can borrow this weekend? I think I'm gonna re-purpose my old stock track bar as a steering brace. Why buy new parts when I've got scrap lying around I can fabricate with.

Would 2x6 be too heavy for a bumper? I'm thinking about just building a simple bumper out of steel.

Something like this, I don't know whos XJ this is so if I'm using without permission I can take it down.
DSCN1306.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a welder, its a cheapo HF flux wire, but it burns a decent bead if I am paying attention to my hand and wire speed.

Probably gonna modify it for DCEN sometime down the road, I've read it makes the arc more stable and controllable.

I've been practicing with my welder the past couple nights, on 1/8 or 3/16th plates I can get decent penetration if I'm set to max power and wire speed of 9-9.5. Duty cycle is 20% at 90A which is 2 minutes of welding 10 minutes of cooling off.

I can get a decent bead going, I was using the HF flux wire and it was really spattery, so I picked up some Lincoln flux wire and its already made a big difference.

So I need some help, I need someone experienced with steering issues to drive my Jeep and tell me what's wrong with the steering. I've got the toe dialed in, I can't fix the caster until I can afford adjustable arms. The steering is super twitchy and loose and I can't figure out what's causing it. I hope it's not the steering box going out.

honestly, if you know you caster is bad, its probably caster. whats caster set at?
any bad TREs? bad bushings? ball joints? have the lady turn the wheel while you look for play in things.

Back