• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

at05gt Introduction

at05gt

NAXJA Forum User
Was told to post this here instead of off-topic:

So I used to be over on a different forum, that I will not name here, run by useless whiny children. Anyways, looks like NAXJA has a larger Nor Cal community so I figured I would migrate over.

Names Adam, I have a 91 Cherokee Briarwood, 4.0L, AW4, NP242, D30/35
sitting at 5-6" in the rear, 3-4" in the front (haven't measured lately cause its still settling) on 245/75/16
It's a Zone 3" kit with AaL and front coils, added shackle relocation brackets and longer shackles, with skyjacker shocks, need to space out the front to level it
I know AaL is not ideal but its what I could afford.

Looking for other Jeepers in Sacramento Area, and to see if there are any meets or weekly events.

Last edited:
So some pics of the Jeep, gonna be image heavy, I'll try and cut the size down if I can.

How it looked when I transferred it from my wife to me:
Bov9AJ0l.jpg

Tore apart the front end to redo the headlight and fog light harnesses:
ePZt120l.jpg

installed some off road lights and the wiring and switches for it:
U4rauIXl.jpg

4wSm55pl.jpg

GwFYTmql.jpg

9zX9UmBl.jpg

kLRJQLQl.jpg

yHbgJ4jl.jpg

ZSKS9RUl.jpg

5N1G7Qzl.jpg

Installing the Lift:
3xGqTSxl.jpg

cycXP6ml.jpg

763Njm5l.jpg

Last edited:
Rest of the pics:

Redid the interior a bit, Headliner, Visors and Overhead console:
gKqKZZJl.jpg

et8iGwHl.jpg

n64v3YZl.jpg

2bEzr9wl.jpg

Installed some interior LED's
lQbjmebl.jpg

jTejpPCl.jpg

oXLskFxl.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like anybody who owns/likes the cherokee platform wants a woody, comanche, or maybe an LJ
I would love to have a commanche, they are getting increasingly harder to find not hacked up. My uncle had one in the early 90s and that thing was a beast.

I've always loved the XJ platform, my grandparents bought an 89 brand new as a tow vehicle for their RV and owned it for 15 some years drove it through every state (except Hawaii), up to Alaska twice. They eventually had to get rid of it because it was becoming impossible to keep it repaired long enough to pass smog. I think it was a renix motor, sensors and electrical parts kept failing to the point it wouldn't even run reliably. There was talk at one point of a full motor and drive train swap and giving it to me as a first car in 2000, but that never panned out.

Welcome, cool woody.

welcome. sweet woodie, just don't go hack it all up now lol try keep that body nice, getting harder to find them untouched and in decent condition.

Wood grain trim is heavy-duty pimping.

We will have to have a wood grain meet and greet at some place some time. There's that other one too at least.

Scored a few parts from my (step)Father-in-Law this weekend, got a pair of never used Bridgestone 32x11.5x15, he also had the old 15x7's from the jeep in his shed. As well as a pair of 2 inch coil spacers I may use with my 3 inch lift coils, or I'll use the springs I'm possibly getting from Chris, depending on how much they lift the front.

50f75d0faaef3e281227e4e4b5b3c2ef.jpg

Got my Cb installed, and my antenna cable run, 12' was the perfect length. Just gotta wait for my firestik and mount, and get it tuned. I made it a modular install as well, wired to a cigarette lighter plug. So in case I ever need to remove it, I don't have to mess with the wiring.

So I need some advice, my leaf springs are arching in an odd way that concerns me. At the shackle side the second leaf does not extend fully to the eye, there is about 6 inches of just the main leaf.

sort of like this:

Main Leaf ______________________________O <---- Thats the Main spring eye
Second Leaf _____________________
Add a Leaf ___________________
Third Leaf ______________

So the section of main leaf by itself is bending downwards under normal load, is that normal? What can I do to counteract this, yes I know I could buy new leaf springs, but I just bought the lift and I'm on a very limited budget right now. My idea was to build a semi bastard pack, get another pair of Cherokee leafs, from the JY, and cut the eyes off the main leafs and use them in place of or in addition too my second leaf. Any thoughts?

I should be able to give away a set of old stock packs in a couple weeks. Trade for labor.

I think the second leaf being shorter than the main is not uncommon in less than high end leaf packs.

Back