• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

at05gt Introduction

Low pressure side. Check your valve cover for leaks. I had a leak in the back near the firewall that had oil all over the back of the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will be my weekend job then. Its amazing how far a small oil leak can travel over time, the whole bottom of my trans and tcase are caked.

Thanks Man.

Wing nuts up top and slide pins with cotter pins on the bottom work great

Wing nuts up top and slide pins with cotter pins on the bottom work great

I had clevis pins with cotters on the end links before I put 10.9 bolts in, sheared the passenger side off on the highway. They don't make grade 8 pins do they?

I never tried the wing nuts on top, seems smart, how would you keep them from backing off? Lock washer?

Last edited:
I've had a buddy run wing nuts and clevis pins for years, just disco before wheeling and they will last.

I used to just disconnect the whole bar. Or you could pull one side and zip tie it out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats the easiest way to reinforce the trackbar mount on a Dana 30? I tightened the trackbar bolts up the other day, and without the flag nut for the axle side I'm having difficulty getting a wrench on the backside to tighten it further. Just don't want problems down the road.

So I threw some UV Oil Dye in the engine to try and track this leak down. I've got a bit showing on the access plate in front of the tranny, and a bit of a glow on the transmission oil pan. I'm hoping its not the rear main seal.

The whole underside of the engine is coated in either fresh oil or caked on burnt up oil. Whats the easiest way to clean it without frying electronics with a pressure washer?

I went to this thing called google and typed it in. this was the first post

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a6008/how-to-clean-an-engine/

I often use a combo of rags, brake cleaner, degreaser, abrasive pads, and hot soapy water. Disco battery, cover all important sensors and stuff like that, and use some wire brushes and steel wool as well as the rags, paper towels, pretty much all of the usual stuff you would use to clean a motor. then slap some cheap DYE in there and see where its coming from.

I went to this thing called google and typed it in. this was the first post

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a6008/how-to-clean-an-engine/

I did do that earlier, and found the same article and a few others. I also like to get the opinions of people who know more than me, which is why I ask a lot of dumb questions.

I often use a combo of rags, brake cleaner, degreaser, abrasive pads, and hot soapy water. Disco battery, cover all important sensors and stuff like that, and use some wire brushes and steel wool as well as the rags, paper towels, pretty much all of the usual stuff you would use to clean a motor. then slap some cheap DYE in there and see where its coming from.

So any way I go its a shit load of work for the most part, good to know.

Last edited:
Cover tps for sure . And dizzy and remove battery. Try to cover as many sensors as possible if you can.

Ordered an Avital 2101L Keyless entry system, gonna try and wire it up this week. I've got wiring diagrams and wire colors and locations for my year, seems pretty self explanatory.

I have the Infrared Orb of Doom in my overhead console, I could get replacement keyfobs for it but its so much more expensive and less reliable than installing a brand new system that's RF.

Last edited:
Back