• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

at05gt Introduction

The problem is I don't know what death wobble feels like, was hoping I could get someone that has had experience with it to drive it and give me some advice.

Caster is about 0 right now from the calculation I did.

caster is a big deal. get it to 5*-6* to start and go from there .

You would know if you have had DW. If you have to ask, you dont know what it is . Its that bad when you get it, you instantly know.

Also, make sure your trackbar setup is dialed in, both mounts (axle + frame) and both joints . Tires are balanced?

As far as I can tell and have adjusted and tightened, everything but the caster is good. Trackbar is adjusted, wheels are centered. Tires are balanced, need to adjust my drag link slightly, steering wheel is like 2 deg left.

Sounds like caster, what others have stated. Check your steering shaft though, you didn't mention any play, but if the rubber bushing in the shaft is worn you will get slight play and twitchy steering. You need two people to check it, one to move the steering wheel and the other to look at the shaft to see if there is play.

I might have some tube and a couple heims you can have. Ill check later

Realized I never posted pictures of my bumper reinforcement.

PkzgdD7l.jpg

p2KMJLwl.jpg

tTpx0nhl.jpg

EJ5twqil.jpg

Hope everyone is having fun that went to Reno, and if you didn't, hope you're having fun doing whatever it is you do.

So...... I installed new axle side UCA bushings and installed my new arms adjusted them down to about 3/4 inch under stock length. Install was pretty easy just took awhile. Used my jack under the trackbar mount to rotate the axle back to bolt in the arms. Haven't driven it yet but preliminary calculations put me at around 4-5 deg of positive caster. Going to test drive it tomorrow and see if it fixes the issues. If it doesn't fix the sloppy steering then the box is getting swapped out. After that is steering/frame reinforcement/bumper mount time.

Drove it to work this morning, city streets and highway. Its amazing how much change you get from a tiny adjustment. Need to check my Toe again and adjust my drag link but it drives straight and true now. No more psychotic darting back and forth when I hit a bump. Thanks for all the help guys you have all been awesome and very patient with me, can't wait to try it out on a trail now.

Glad that the adjustment helped! I like your idea for the bumper reinforcement. You're doing some good work.

Trying to lol, I've got another project I'm working on to reinforce the steering box with some plating and beef up the bumper mounts even more.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Gonna tear apart and rebuild my starter and oil filter adapter tonight, OFA is leaking (o-rings are probably bad) and my starter is covered in baked on oil. Started noticing an issue when its really hot out, the starter will crank and then cut out for a second and then keep cranking.

Gonna take it apart tonight and clean the electronics and re-lube the internals of the gear reduction.

Back