• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winches

Witch Winch do you use, recommend, or want?

• Warn M8000

Votes: 92 43.8%
  • Mile Marker E8000

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Mile Marker E9000

Votes: 20 9.5%
  • Ramsey REP8000

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 75 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
did someone say that warn was made in house, USA..?..WTH i just looked at a brand new warn tow strap pack (out of a land rover) and all the shackles and 2 inch tow bar tie ins have KOREA stamped right on them..so much for in house....
Maier

As with most things, even Warn, most parts are outsourced, but have you ever looked into how many North American steel plants and foundrys have gone out of business............. the quality of cast and steel from both China and India meet or exceed the quality of the stuff previously made in North America................the biggest thing to look for when buying is weater or not its graded and tested with actual real credentials.............not just a spec in a catalog, look at the European grading system then compare it to the american one...........Europe wins by far, think of where the final dollar is going try your best to keep Norht Americans employed

Warn M8000. Affordable, power to boot for an XJ, simple, and reliable.

old thread but i'll chime in..... i personally have a warn m8000, had to rebuild it a couple of times, but no biggie its old and abused.... now with that said, I have seen some chicago electric winches from harbor freight do some great recoveries. A buddy of mine is always getting stuck, and he has the CE 8K and has put that thing to the test. since it has not blown up yet, i am really impressed, since his whole winch, mounting plate, and some other gear came with his winch, and cost about as much as my replacement warn wound motor.

I wouldnt chance it with a mickey mouse winch. Sure it may be doing just fine now, but Ive got money that says it'll soon crap out right when you need it most.

ArcticXJ said:
I wouldnt chance it with a mickey mouse winch. Sure it may be doing just fine now, but Ive got money that says it'll soon crap out right when you need it most.

IV3e had both warn adn Ramsey crap out wehn I needed em most.

I have a ramsey 9000 pro now. nice and fairly speedy

heeperman said:
but have you ever looked into how many North American steel plants and foundrys have gone out of business............. the quality of cast and steel from both China and India meet or exceed the quality of the stuff previously made in North America................

Do you realize that the majority of the SCRAP steel in the US is GOING to CHINA ???

Building their infrastructure (so they say), military...etc.

ITS the fact that they can have workers make things for next to NOTHING.

NOT that it's better.

The polls are closed.
lockd.gif

Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back