• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winches

Witch Winch do you use, recommend, or want?

• Warn M8000

Votes: 92 43.8%
  • Mile Marker E8000

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Mile Marker E9000

Votes: 20 9.5%
  • Ramsey REP8000

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 75 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warn 9.5 si

cccj said:
Where do you think Warn gets there motors?!...Brazil :gag:

That is true and I was disapointed buy that when I got my M8000. But at least the winch itself is made and assembled in the U.S. Also the MM are made in China! I would much rather buy an American made winch with a Brazilian motor than a Chinese winch any day. On top of that you cannot argue with Warn's reputation (or Ramsey's either) or their warranty (lifetime). So there just seems to be no reason to buy a foreign winch when the ones made here (even if they include some foreign components) are better and only a few extra $$$.

Magnums are made by Warn but do not include the lifetime warranty. There is no doubt that when you buy a product you are also buying the warranty. No matter how good their product is there is a cost involved with a warranty and the longer the warranty the higher the cost. To me the lifetime warranty was worth the extra money for the Warn over the Magnum. I'm sure Warn markets the Magnum line (which are made here) solely to compete with the Chinese brands.

The fact that the Warn guy said they are junk may not mean much. He may be an old timer that thinks they shouldn't try and compete with inferior brands. Or he could be right on the money and Warn not only reduced the warranty to save money but also made it lighter duty. I personally believe that the Magnum may not be as good as a Warn but would likely be as good or better than other winches in its price range.

B-loose
:us:

My vote goes to the Warn 9.5ti. I have this winch and it is great. It will pull more than enough and it's fast. You would appreciate a fast winch when on a trail ride. It's really aggravating waiting for someone to winch in 100' of cable at 30 feet per minute or less. The 9.5ti has a line speed of 62 feet per minute unloaded. Line speed might be something you want to check into.

Does any of the winches, other than hydralic, have a 2 speed line? I like how fast my winch rewinds, unloaded, I would just rather pull slower when I'm pulling on something. I don't whether all winch lanyards are simular, but on mine, when I release the switch it takes almost a half of a rotation on the drum before it stops.

Bloose said:
That is true and I was disapointed buy that when I got my M8000. But at least the winch itself is made and assembled in the U.S. Also the MM are made in China! I would much rather buy an American made winch with a Brazilian motor than a Chinese winch any day. B-loose
:us:

Thanks.....thats the point I was trying to make.

I went through 3 Milemarker E8000's before getting my one and only Warn M8000. Although Milemarker, Inc. was very supportive, I had to install/uninstall it twice before just selling the last one on ebay. Bad solenoid, bad controller (once started spooling in, didn't stop until I fantically unhooked the battery).

from what i've read/heard 90% of people say to go with a warn and I agree.
I have had a warn m 12000 for almost a year now with no problems at all, it's saved my arse a few times now and it's pretty fast too(mostly because i'll prolly never fully load it up)

Ask anyone at BOTW what's the baddest boy on the block.
I actually broke Rick's mountain with my Ramsey RE 12,000.
Worm drive rocks.

I would go with the M8000 its came down in prices alot and its a great winch, I dont have one but ive seen it in action alot its what im going to buy.

I've got the warn 9.5
laugh, kay, 2 year old thread, but by gawd, I have a 9.5!

Last edited:
another one for xd9000i..

Ok this is old.. errrr

Last edited:
although i am leaning towards a warn 8000 pounder...i have found that harbor freight has a line of winches from Chicago electric and they got a 9000 lbs-er for under 500.00 bucks which is really appealing..anyhoo yacked at a couple of guys out on the construction site and my old man...all who have and run winches and have spent time around machinery and they all gave CE a good rep for making quality stuff..so i might get the CE9 because of cost and apparent reputation. note: most of these guys run warn and ramsey w/ 1 black mountain in the bunch...HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back